[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Update Oddities

Update Oddities

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Taross » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:24 pm

With every update some things will be going wrong, or odd... So, what've you found out sofar?

I have discovered that while the BONK drink overrules a hit and turns it into a miss, damage-wise, any other effect that depends on a hit still works.
ie, the Ubersaw charges up nicely with every hit, but the scout doesn't feel a thing. Are we sucking out the BONK? :D
Taross

Postby Jinx » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:37 pm

It appears that spy crits, such as back stabs, are the cause of some servers crashing. (So that's how they fixed facestabs... :lol:, actually I've read this is the cause of a bug in sourcemod on linux, which has since been updated). I'm also hearing of weird oddities with the axetinguisher and natascha's slowdown not working as they should.
Jinx

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:49 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Endeavour3d » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:56 am

I agree with everything previously posted. To elaborate on the spy issues, backstabs are hit and miss, when they work, they work great, when they don't, they fail horribly(even on multiple players). The other issue is that sidestabs and headstabs don't work anymore for me, and for backstabs, I have to be exactly 90º behind a person for it to work, if I'm to the left or right just a few degrees, they fail and I die.
Endeavour3d

Postby NikkyVix » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:31 am

Concerning the aforementioned Natascha..yes, she's borked again.

The night of the Scout update, I gleefully strapped on the lovely black'n grey minigun, eager to make some freshly-minted Scouts slog through a hail of speed-slicing "boolit" for those achievements and weapons they so coveted. I'm sure everyone has felt how effective Natty has been since the previous update, with her rightful ability to slow players down on a rate that is linear with every single bullet impact.

Well it's as if the devs at Valve had to rollback to a prior save of Natty's configuration, because she not only fails to slow a Scout who's taken at least a handful of bullets in quick succession, it almost seems *worse* than it did before Natty was fixed. On Egypt, I still managed to kill Scouts..but it was mainly by leading them most of the time to account for the lack of 'grab' in the bullets. Scouts don't show signs of slowing down at mid-range until they're about to drop dead. And forget about close-range.

So add Natascha to the list of items and mechanics that have been broken and need to be fixed.

Anything else?
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby DrJones » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:32 am

Much to Doom's slight annoyance ;), I did confirm that the axtinguisher works again.
-Jonesy
Steam: DrJones
Live: Bloobunni
FA and LJ: jonesybunny
DrJones

Return to Team Fortress 2