[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - An Interview for the Admins

An Interview for the Admins

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Views?

Agree
36%
Disagree
No votes
Where the F*ck is my money Marshtomp?
64%

Total votes : 11

Postby Fangz » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:08 pm

Fangz

Postby Ayeaka » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:45 pm

One thing I'm curious about regarding mic spam..

If you have say, one or two people that don't like someone's spam, but the rest of the team is enjoying it, do they still have to stop? or are we right in what we've been doing? (Asking them to just mute the person, so that we can go back to having fun, and not listen to complaints.)

I mean, I know I get a ton of mutes when I do my Vinnie/Scout voice. xD
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Wulfie » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:03 pm

Generally, I'd assume the rule would be that if people complain, it would be a good idea to be cautious from playing the clip, but if the majority of people like it, it would also be a good idea for those that don't to just mute. But again, it's a situation where it's hard to gauge a set point where things go one way or the other. If mostly everyone seems to like it, you shouldn't have much to worry about, I think.
Wulfie

Postby Marshtomp » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:50 am

Marshtomp

Postby Witchiebunny » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:02 am

Witchiebunny

Postby Purplecat » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:07 am

I had a couple of ideas how to improve STT, and at this point anything is possible since other than "lower/keep the rate" or "advertise the command", I hadn't heard much other feedback. If the STT rate was lowered, it would be down to 50% at first... and to be honest, this barely makes a difference from 55%. Due to the way math works in computing, there's no difference between 50% and 55% until you have 19-24 players (and then it only means "one less" vote needed). I'm not fond of drastic changes, and rather do smaller changes over a period of every other day or so.

I hadn't seen STT abused, despite my initial fears about that. Abuse would be STT voting right away after a scramble not even giving it a chance. I do not consider "someone STT'ed while I thought the teams was fair" as abuse.

Also currently it resets the timer, and while people want to scramble for understanding purposes... playing a map for 35 another minutes becuse of a scramble at the end can get old. I wanted to change it to set the timer to "timeleft+5 minutes".
Purplecat
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Team Fortress 2