[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Making Custom Maps

Making Custom Maps

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Fangz » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:30 pm

Here are some more images from the touches I did last night.

Swamp A (unfinished, need to make the boat red, and modify a few other things to add realism):

1337 Sniping zone (unfinished, recently made):

Red Capture Point (unfinished, still needs tweaking):

Can I have some feedback?
Fangz

Postby Dusty » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:35 am

Looks pretty good right now :) I just hope the swamp doesn't nagatively effect frame rates right now. It shouldn't though since all it is water and some foliage.

For give me if I didn't notice but is this a cp map?
Dusty

Postby Fangz » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:38 am

Fangz

Postby Ayeaka » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:04 am

I'm working on a few adverts, possibly parodying 60s advertisements. Would help to know if you had anything specific in mind, though. xD
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Fangz » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:00 am

Fangz

Postby Fangz » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Some new map images with a special announcement! I am going to do some multitasking and work on another map at the same time. Hold on to your rings, because it is Green Hill Zone!

As you can see, it is still in its early phases.

Now here is another photo, but it is from Clawed Out. I made it a little more cartoony and swampy. I am also adding realistic ground (bumpy).
Fangz

Postby Nynnja » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:01 am

Im not normally one to offer aid or accept aid in the endeavor of mapping (I see it as a supreme individual accomplishment), but I am willing to offer what help I can in the creation of interactive level design (90% of what I know I figured out through trial and error, so some of my methods may be quirky and overcomplex, but I can guarantee working buttons, ladders, elevators, moving platforms, complex parenting {movement hierarchy for the mapping-illiterate out there} schemes, and blast doors (player activated doors which will allow one team to pass unhindered, but the other team must shoot the door down to gain passage, only activatable once per level). I do have a few areas in which I am completely unknowledgable, such as importing textures and modelling. My knowledge beyond basic level design is mainly in the realm of player interaction with non-goal parts of the level.
Nynnja

Postby Fangz » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:58 pm

Here is another Green Hill Zone Picture!

Also you can keep track of the progress now on my Deviant Art!
Fangz

Postby Fangz » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:08 am

I am going to revive the project.

I am going to begin reworking on Green Hill Zone tomorrow.
Fangz

Previous

Return to Team Fortress 2