Two Sets of Rules

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Relee » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:11 pm

Hihi! I just joined the forums. You might have seen me playing on the Furry Pound servers the last few days as ReleeSquirrel. Most people on TF2 just call me Squirrel, I guess they don't know how to say Relee or they figure it's clearer to just say Squirrel... It's pronounced Ree-lee. Like, Really, but different.

Anyways I noticed something when I joined the forums. The server rules listed here are different from the rules that pop up when you join the server. In particular the server doesn't say anything about spawn camping. There was a lot of spawn camping going on two days ago. I don't usually spawn camp, but that's partly 'cause I'm not good enough to get to the enemy spawn alive and effectively battle all the enemy players at once. ^.^;; I'll avoid doing it now that I know it's against the server rules, but you guys should definately make both sets of rules match or people are going to get very confused.
Relee

Postby NikkyVix » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:46 am

Hello Relee, and welcome to the forums. :)

Addressing the issue of the rulesets: Our rules have been evolving over the months we've been in operation, and a proper documentation is still pending. Spawn-camping is an issue with which we've had to wrestle with before, and an agreeable judgement on the issue still needs to be posted to replace the de facto law of sportsmanlike conduct (which can only be enforced when troublemakers are identified and caught). Also, the ruleset seen on the server MotD is specifically tailored to be briefer than what you may find here, because people are just itching to get into play.

As it stands, we try to discourage spawncamping. But thank you for pointing out the observation; the last thing we would want is to confuse our players over what is acceptable and what isn't!
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Return to Team Fortress 2