TFP's Eternal September..

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:18 pm

It's time for a polite piece of advice for our many patrons to the servers:

For those who didn't catch the reference, the Eternal September basically describes a continuous influx of freshmen--or newbies--into a community with its own established norms and values learned through experience. The Pound's experiencing that now with a steady influx of new, curious folk looking to have a bit of fun. Many of these new, potential regulars are of varying skill and experience levels.

That said, keep in mind that there's likely going to be a newbie on your team looking for direction or advice in a situation which you can give. Sometimes a mistake--like blowing an ubercharge too early, or placing a sentry in a bad location--is simply the product of being too new to the situation. I know it's really easy to get wrapped up and passionate about a match, and fortunately we've got good marks for not being a generally insulting and crass community. Still, let's try to keep the rage held in check in the event that these new folk just need a bit of advice.

I'm sure you've all heard my yapper in-game; I know I need to follow that advice too. :)

That is all. Play on, and remember: We're all here to have a good time!
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:06 am

Ironic that the Eternal September that you're referring to did end at some point as Usenet stopped becoming... mainstream amongst Internet users at some point.

Hell I barely know anyone using Usenet nowadays.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby STrRedWolf » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:46 am

I was on Usenet. I got off it officially this month when I canceled my Supernews service.
Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Return to Team Fortress 2