[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Things that needs to be fixed on the EU and US FOR servers

Things that needs to be fixed on the EU and US FOR servers

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Purplecat » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:52 am

Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Arcalane » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:03 pm

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby NikkyVix » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:46 am

EU Server: No Killcam shot at the moment. Respawn times are almost extremely quick in most cases.

Both Servers: A periodic console message pointing players to where our Forums are?

Admin & Moderator Guidelines: Just a handful of my own ideas and opinions, here. Admins and Moderators for the servers should not, of course, be banhammer-happy, power-drunk types. That is to say, the responsibility of being an admin or moderator should come with a mature and objective attitude towards any infractions taking place. If you're prone to losing your temper, vindictive, immature or rash behavior, you likely won't be an ideal representative for the server staff.

A&M's should even give everyone--even troublemakers--an opportunity to shape themselves up before interjecting with the godly serverpowers. I've had people tell me to kick someone outright just because they weren't playing, just sitting in spectate...I asked the person to please join a team and they did.

Kicking, muting, and especially banning, along with any other enforceable penalties that moderators and admins can place on a player: These are the things that need guidelines of procedure rather than just acting at an admin's discretion. Otherwise, what sets us apart from twinkish powergamers? Just something to consider for anyone who wants the responsibility (not priveledge) of being a moderator or an admin.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Arcalane » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:11 pm

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Purplecat » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:22 pm

I wonder if there's a "kick to spectator".

Would be useful for the times people go AFK in a team, but the server isn't full. :/ I think the game is supposed to send people to spectator mode when AFK, then kick them out of the game if they're AFK for a bit more. The EU server does that even... but not the US one.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Arcalane » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:49 pm

I think the US one is supposed to, but perhaps unsurprisingly (as with many autobooters) it doesn't work.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Endeavour3d » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:10 pm

it does work, but I think I set it too high, it's something I've been meaning to fix along with other things
Endeavour3d

Postby Arcalane » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:57 am

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby nobuyuki » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:56 pm

fix Nominate
nobuyuki

Postby Purplecat » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:23 pm

Apparently all maps in the map cycle isn't downloadable on the US server from various reports I heard.

Defiantly something that needs to be fixed. >_>
Purplecat
Site Admin

Next

Return to Team Fortress 2