Opinions on first time play

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Kenku » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:10 am

Hey People,

Just wanted to quickly comment on my first time playin the US server...

It went and ran well, as the games went back and forth and such...and got a pointer on engy turret placement.

There was one odd this that happened although...at once point during play, Badlands got stuck at just under 10 mins at the start of the match, and wouldn't move to the next match. While this might have been due to the quickness the matches were tierh both ways, I was wondering what the round limit was on it?
Kenku

Postby NikkyVix » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:51 am

Hi Kenku,

Welcome to the server. :) Are you referring to the entire game freezing? And if so, did it suddenly drop out after roughly half a minute? If so, our apologies--now and then the US server will suddenly scream 'I wanna be an XBox!' and kill itself at the most inopportune moment. It's not very common, but it is a nuisance and has been known to happen at the start of matches.

Until we're able to pin down the exact cause of the problem and how to fix it, our server's desire to emulate a Red Ring of Death will remain a possible occurrence.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:34 am

Endeavour3D have said that other servers had a similar syndrome with crashing and stuff. Maybe it's fixed with the next patch, Valve hadn't released one for awhile now.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Kenku » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:21 am

Nope nothing that serious9server actually ran preety smooth). It was just we had played like 8 rounds, and the map still hadn't flipped, added too it, the clock kept resetting to 10 mins. I didn't know if that was done on purpose(and there was a round limit coming up), or if that was accidental, and figured id run it by you guys.
Kenku

Return to Team Fortress 2