[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Stats

Stats

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Bushwacker » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:35 am

I believe an admin today was asking people what stats program they liked. I have always liked http://www.psychostats.com/psychostats/ even when it first started back in at least cs 1.3 days. Now it is a really impressive program with awesome features. It would be neat to see it on here.
Bushwacker

Postby Purplecat » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:37 am

I actually just played with Psychostats, and it seemed the best choice for now. Setting it up can be little tricky, and requires shell access (most likely full admin access) to the the servers you need to set it up for.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Bushwacker » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:44 am

it's been a while since i played with it... but as for setting up the webserver... its all with the web based set up script i believe... the rest should be done via cPanel or whatever control panel you have for this server.

for the game server, it just needs to be able to serve up the stats i think. Who ever you use to host your game server must have experience with pyscho stats already and be able to help/
Bushwacker

Postby Witchiebunny » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:14 pm

We really do prefer not to have a stats system set up with our servers-the lack of such a system enables us to play for fun, instead of worrying about playing for stats.
Witchiebunny

Postby Purplecat » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:24 pm

Well, if an stat aggregator was added now, it wouldn't be exactly public. And it would be for keeping stats over custom maps on request (stat aggregators can create heatmaps over the custom maps which is useful for the map creator to "balance" out the maps).
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby NikkyVix » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:26 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:54 pm

Well, you shouldn't underestimate how useful heatmaps can be. They can be used to help a map creator spot troubling spots for one team and change it after that. It can be sometimes hard to estimate how dangerous or useful a certain position is on the map while you're messing around in hammer. :P So it's worth to look into the case we get TFP-exclusive maps, which doesn't seem to be the case anytime soon anyway.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby A.M.Zinthos! » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:03 am

A.M.Zinthos!

Postby Bushwacker » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:55 am

Honestly I could care less if I had somthing saying I was better than player X, and player Y was kicking my ass. I had just brought it up because like i said in my original post, at one point it was asked on the server.

That being said, psycho stats offers a lot more than just a "I am better than you" kind of stat reporting.

The heat maps, as mentioned, are awesome for map developers, but I enjoy using them to find out "back ways in" to avoid the action on the way in and give it to the opposing up the butt on the way back. Also helpful for spys.

Personal player charts show your progress as you get better at the game.

Back when I used to run some CS servers, I loved Psycho stats for what it offered me as an admin. Now there are even more interesting features... map usage info, google maps showing where people are playing from, player session info, so you can keep track of when the busiest times are, live server view, which provides a non-steam way of looking into the current server status, there are custom achievements you can add to make some "furry pound only" goals. It can help you keep track of problem users (how many kicks/bans)

Anyways, by all means, I am not trying to push it... but I do think that it has a LOT of really interesting info, without making it into a competitive only environment. I mean we already know when a skilled player comes on, we dont need stats to tell us that :D But the personal stats that it provides, to me, would be really interesting and fun.
Bushwacker

Return to Team Fortress 2