[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - l4D 10th tf2 char :O

l4D 10th tf2 char :O

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Fenriswulfdemon » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:36 am

Fenriswulfdemon

Postby Doom » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:54 pm

Spectator, Announcer, Civilian.

By those standards we have twelve.
Doom

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:06 pm

Spectator is more like another dimension of class than an actual class inofitself. You see, as a spectator is not playing the game per se they are not one set class, but at all times have the option of joining a team and becoming a class. In essence, Spectator is a quantum state - the "random button" personified if you may. Therefore, it is not its own class due to it already being all of the current playable 9 classes.

Similarly, the Announcer isn't a class either. She is a character, albeit nothing more than a voice, but you can't actually play as the announcer - so she shouldn't be counted as a class.

That just leaves Civilian.
Mayhaps this clue is telling us what Valve is thinking about for their postponed TF2 update then, mmmmmm? (speaking of TF2 game types... any y'all remember that "hunted" style gameplay? I kinda miss that.)
Angry_Squirrel

Postby Witchiebunny » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:07 am

Witchiebunny

Postby Kellervo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:55 pm

What if the 10th class is the random class, an amalgation of all the other classes merged into one?
I'm a shaaark
I'm a shaaark!
You know what to do. :v
Kellervo

Postby STrRedWolf » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:59 am

Strangely enough, I was wondering about more classes, including:

Marksman: The more accurate the shot, the more damage delt. Head and heart shots are nearly fatal. Usually carries some old pistols and looks a bit like Jamie Hienaman in cowboy getup.

Mad Scientist: This I think is more readily the wildcard, and I had more thought into this. Looks like Albert Einstein on a good hair day, possibly dyed team colors, with labcoat and goggles on forehead. Labcoat is team color, with ether yellow "MAD SCIENTIST UNION 3.14" on red or white "MAD SCIENTIST UNION 42" on blue. A standard taunt/reaction would be the Evil Mad Scientist Laugh, switched up with "SCIENCE!"

Primary weapon is a plasma rifle/cannon - splash damage anyone? Taunts with it could be the Schlock Mercenary style Ominous Hum. "Meet my little friend!"

Secondary weapon is a Portal knockoff, but carried like the Heavy's chaingun. Fires off like it too. "Do you want to take a trip TO HELL?!?"

Meile weapon would be a plasma sword (closer to Gundam than Star Wars). "NO! FRICKIN! WOOKIES! GOT IT?!?"

I wonder... "GOD?!? WHAT GOD?!? THERE IS ONLY SCIENCE!" "I'm on fire AGAIN!" "MEDIC!" "Thank you, fellow man of science!" "Whoa, teleportation give me the tingles!" "Got summed back up to zero, eh boopie?" "Very good data out of this experiment!" "What the **** happened with this trial run?!?" "That just doesn't make logical sense." "I'm going to donate your body, FOR SCIENCE!"
Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Postby Ayeaka » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:54 pm

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:15 am

Angry_Squirrel

Postby STrRedWolf » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:28 am

Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Postby Echoen » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:35 am

Speed - Scout
Heal - Medic
Assault - Heavy
Ambush - Pyro
Combat - Soldier
Stealth - Spy
Marksman - Sniper
Construction - Engineer
Destruction - Demoman

There simply is not another stereotype that isn't already covered by these nine classes. Wildcard is not a stereotype nor qualifies as to have its own class - the concept infringes too much on a few other classes to ever be considered to get its own.
Also, consider the era that TF2 takes place in - the time, the premise, the situations, and the weapons. The only weapon that is missing is the assault rifle, but perhaps that weapon is too advanced technology for the era.
Echoen

Next

Return to Team Fortress 2