[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - l4D 10th tf2 char :O

l4D 10th tf2 char :O

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby RumRunner » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:11 am

tf2 is kind of set in the time period of Tesla though... so ya never know they could take some stuff from him and make a 10th class.
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Kellervo » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:08 am

TF2 is set in the late 60s. Tesla died in World War 2.
I'm a shaaark
I'm a shaaark!
You know what to do. :v
Kellervo

Postby Ayeaka » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:59 pm

...now I kinda wanna see an engie update with Tesla coil sentries.

Thanks.

x_X
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Arcalane » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:09 pm

It'd obviously be a Civilian bobblehead instead of an actual figure. :P

10th class...

There are quite a few unrepresented nations currently, namely China/Japan, England and some others. I can see a posh brit stereotype being used for the VIP/Civvie, assuming we ever get a VIP/Civvie.

And, of course, there are no female characters. What's up with that?
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Makaze » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:32 pm

Makaze

Postby Arcalane » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:49 pm

The calenders claim June 1968[1] but they should be taken with a grain of salt, as TF2wiki points out it started on a Saturday, not a Wednesday[2].
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby STrRedWolf » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:23 am

Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Postby Echoen » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:19 am

Echoen

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:35 am

In terms of classes and their roles, technically speaking the only theorhetical 10th character slot necessity would have to make into a wildcard character, without adding 2 others in as well. Offense has three classes, as does Defense and Support. It's balanced as is, and there would be no place for a 10th character fitting in without unbalancing the other two class archetypes. And making a wildcard is damn near impossible without breaking the class gameplay wise, because you can't get away with trying to make it do offense and defense with this primary weapon, secondary etc. That already happens. Classes are overstepping their simple archetype groupings as it is - I find pyro as defensive given the option (ctf or two-way cp) can be good, and everyone knows how devastating the heavy and especially the demoman can be when it comes to offense. So put simply, there's no slot for a 10th char to fit in gameplay wise, as much as the fanboys cry for a meet the ninjapiratemonkeyrobot.

The 10th character is the Civilian, no questions asked. The sanvich is only a weapon, so it doesn't count; and I'm highly doubtful they'll suddenly spring some explanation to the announcer by giving her a body and character, because that would entail giving explanation to why she is omnipotent. While TF2 is exaggerated and stylized, still omnipotence is going too far. (They might as well explain why Red and Blu have bases so close to each other (2fort) or why Blu has a train track leading to a cache of explosives, if that track has a bomb cart on it; etc.)
Angry_Squirrel

Postby Dakk » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:53 pm

The 10th Character should be a dog.. Think about it! Basicly a scout, cept without a gun and a harder melee attack. <3

PS: a Civilian class? Really? That is basicly.. idk useless?
Dakk

PreviousNext

Return to Team Fortress 2