[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Stacking, Spawncamping and You

Stacking, Spawncamping and You

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:07 am

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Pathia » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:36 am

I really don't know what to think about stacking. I like playing with my friends, no matter whether or not they're on my team. I don't really see how this can be an issue. Part of the 'steamrolling' phenomenon is exactly that, it's like a boulder rolling down hill, once you get going you just squash everything. I've seen and been on teams that have 'steamrolled' a team that included more than two of the names that keep being thrown about as 'examples' of stacking. Even if everyone sucks, if you organize and start getting on a roll, you can hold back just about anyone, even our own 'elites'.

Spawncamping is what bugs me more than anything else. The last time I played, I got killed five times, three from one entrance, two from the other. Not the same player, but it was an altering of two, both pyros. It was a payload map, in the last minute or so of gameplay, ie: no way to really build up a force to take out the spawn campers, because the payload would be delivered in the time to do anything about them. It essentially paralyzed us completely and utterly pissed me off to no end. This has happened to me more than half a dozen times now in just the past two weeks and it's really starting to ruin the game for me. That sort of situation isn't fun and when a game isn't fun, what's the point in playing?
Pathia

Postby Purplecat » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:05 am

Well, for the stacking issue... people just need to type STT if they think the teams need to be scrambled.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:57 am

I'm astounded that you guys are still debating in this thread. :D I suppose it's better than quiet seething, though.

Ailure is correct, however -- we have our own anti-unbalance feature for players to implement (which we will hopefully not have to remove due to excessive abuse by sore losers)
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:49 pm

It probably won't be removed, but it's possible I will harshen it if its' abused too much yet.

Which hadn't happened so far. I yet have to hear a scramble happening through STT yet infact, but it is fully functional.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Ayeaka » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:03 pm

You are correct, Ailure; I've never seen it used, either.

I attempted to get people to type STT once. We had the entire losing team complaining, they WERE being hit pretty hard, (we had a lot of new players on our team, aaaaand... a few more players who just wouldn't listen. (IE, BLU DOES NOT NEED THREE SNIPERS ON STEEL!) )

However, BLU seemed more content to just keep whining about the 'stacking', even when RED started trying to scramble as well, to help us out. :/ So it never took place.

I'm sure it'll start to come into use in the future, however, once it becomes a bit more familiar, and more people know about it.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Purplecat » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:27 pm

Well, I did consider making it so that if you're the fourth guy of a certain class, it would refuse to let your vote through. But I didn't want to be too preachy through the plugin, and just let it do it's work.

And it being a TFP spefic plugin might not make it so obvious about it's existence in first place. Maybe I just make it so that typing "help" will give you a list of player.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:27 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Pathia » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:49 pm

I'm astounded that you guys are still debating in this thread. :D I suppose it's better than quiet seething, though.

Maybe I should have posted as Rheoryn, who's a sometime Necromancer ;)
Pathia

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:54 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Team Fortress 2