Can someone help me with this person, Please

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Taz the husky » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:02 am

Hi guys

Iv just returned to the Furry Pound stock maps server after taking a bit of a break from TF2 for a few months and for the last couple of days I have been having a bit of a problem with a person called "Hazelthefox". It started after I sprayed a diaper fur spray and she seemed like she was taking offense to it and then went off throwing a small tantrum on the server for about an hour, then she left. Well I decided to get a different diaper fur spray with an older character just to be nice to her. Now she keeps starting crap with me and keeps calling me a pedophile. So far I have tried to stay calm and nice but I can only do that for so long. I'm sorry I'm here complaining its just I do very much enjoy playing on your servers and I always hate it when stuff like this starts out because It really makes to hard to enjoy my little bit of free time that I choose to play on your servers. I'm not looking to get the person banned but maybe a warning or something because I feel like iv been pretty nice so far and I don't this to erupt into some dumb argument in-game spamming the chat window etc. My in game name is "Taz the husky".

Thank you guys for reading this and I hope I put it in the right section.
Taz the husky

Postby Bunny » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:07 pm

I'd suggest one or both of the following two things:

1) Mute the player. If somebody's bothering, harassing or offending you, open up the main TF2 menu by hitting ESC and click on the button with the ear that has an "X" in it - That will give you the ability to mute a player on the server and you wont see or hear anything they say.

2) Remind the other player that they have the ability to disable sprays. TFP has a lot of mature sprays and some can obviously offend other people. If somebody's offended they have the ability to disable sprays, therefore they are fully protected against seeing things that offends them. - This may just provoke the other person and cause further argument, so muting them might be a lot easier.

If you just mute players that you don't get along with as soon as you join the game, you wont have to worry about them and you can enjoy playing. I'd highly suggest this option if this other player is bothering you that much.
Bunny

Return to Team Fortress 2