[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - A recent server trend

A recent server trend

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Endeavour3d » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:04 pm

I wanted to add Vent on my server months ago but I found out that they charge a shitload of money now for unlimited players, and the free version only supports I believe 8 people and the ports are locked so you can't change them. If someone has a free or cheap alternative I'll be willing to entertain it.
Endeavour3d

Postby Dusty » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:55 am

The Game Heros group offers some kind of deal for a free vent. Mephis has been bothering Witchie you can try talking to them.
Dusty

Postby Purplecat » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:52 am

Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Makaze » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:35 am

Makaze

Postby Makaze » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:39 am

Makaze

Postby Purplecat » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:01 am

So great, I was on a fairly balanced game.

The game was progressing fine, until anyone decent on my side joined the other team, and I was left with a medic that loved to stick to a spy and follow him to the wrong end of the map. We had a good sniper on our team, but that didn't help, and the balance went way out of whack.

...and it's people who do this regularly too. I'm mature enough to not mention names, but please seriously... don't make me implement a forceswap plugin based on team "total stat skill" or something stupid like that.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Echoen » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:45 am

I wonder, is there any way to fudge with autobalance? Have it measure stat scores of players and teams. Let's say the total stat scores of one team is 100 and the other is 110. Someone leaves sending it to 90 and 110. Autobalance would then pick randomly from all the people who have a stats score of around 10 and switch one person.

Does that make any sense? Accompany it with very strict regulation of forcing autobalance, and teams will eventually even themselves out.

Another example: Let's say a bunch of skilled regulars all join one team and the other team is stuck with semi-suck. Let's say for instance, [FOR]Echoen is with the highest stats on the regulars team. Stats would be compared and I would get yanked to balance.

Another example: Total Suck players vs Winlords. The top three or so players from Winlords would get switched, making it balanced - a team of OK players vs a team of awesome players + noobs. Low + High = Medium.
Echoen

Postby Witchiebunny » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:28 am

I am *not* at all in favor of any sort of script that would take away the player's choice to stay on the team of their choice. This is moving into very concerning ground.
Witchiebunny

Postby Jake Monroe » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:58 am

SiRK: There's [SFW], [NSFW] and [STRAY]
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
Jake Monroe

Postby Witchiebunny » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:18 am

the same way we do now...tell specs to join a team or be kicked. If I find people speccing to force autobalance, that is also a kick and giving both teams a chance to play both Red and Blu (that's two games on a map, people) before doing a team scramble.

I'm sorry, But I will not allow a script to begin taking away the choice of players of who to play with. It's paramount to telling people they can't play with someone else 'cause they're too good at what they do.
Witchiebunny

PreviousNext

Return to Team Fortress 2