Staffing issues on TFP1

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Barious » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:49 am

There has been a large amount of complaints recently about the lack of ability to deal with issues occuring on TFP1. There has been an influx in problematic people, (I.e, trolls, mic spammers, rascists, sexists, and friendlies have been the main issues) and there have been a lack of staff available to handle such issues.
Several of the regulars on the server have voluntered to become mods for the server, namely myself (Barious), Pinkie Pie, Ruhlar Donut, and Kitty Angelle. All of them are on for several hours during the day all the way until 2am roughly. They all have a solid understanding of the rules and protocall of the server. Ruhlar is level-headed but is very gentle about things. Pinkie is watchful, but can get very emotional at times. Kitty is on the most often, but she doesn't have a mic. I personally have modded and been an admin before, but can be aggravated by certain things, (I.e children that sit in server and do nothing but ask questions and talk continuously.)
Please consider the issue, and the proposed fix for said issue.
Thank you
Barious

Postby ZeeOddwyn » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:13 am

I regularly frequent TFP1, and I think this would go a long way towards addressing the issue of unruly visitors to the server. I've seen all four of these members online regularly, and from my interaction with them, I believe they'd make good mods. I also believe that all four should be mods, as the server seems to see its fair share of traffic, and it would be unreasonable to expect one or two to be able to monitor it 24/7.
ZeeOddwyn

Postby MR.Cheese Burger » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:49 am

I agree with Zee and i too should be mod, because i am always on TFP 24/7, and i am always watching and correcting people. I usualy am the last person to be on after everyone leaves the server. I also talk to these people regularly (Pinky pie, Rular, and Kitty).
MR.Cheese Burger

Postby Sarki » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:03 pm

Good morning, and merry Christmas to you 3 interesting folks.

We currently do not accept mod applications or requests, any problems in the servers can be easily dealt with by reporting them to an admin. You can find all of us on the steam group, and we have staff listening on the main steam chat as well.

Enjoy your holidays
-Sarki
Sarki

Postby MR.Cheese Burger » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:36 pm

Sarki, there aren't any mods that actually come on soon enough to the Hale server and the availability is very low. If the mods don't get there soon enough, the bigger problems can be over before someone even gets to the server. The fact that constantly pestering high ranking admins would seen a waste of time for them.
MR.Cheese Burger

Postby Sekh765 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:43 pm

As Sarki said, there are moderators for those servers, and their availability is infact, the same as any other server. You simply have to log onto the chatroom and request an administrator. There is no such thing as a high or low ranking admin in this group, they all have the same level of power.

You can also record demos for people to review if you are afraid of someone leaving before they can be dealt with.

Either way, we are not in the practice of handing out moderation or administrative powers to people who are not nominated and selected TFP Admins, I am sorry.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Barious » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:39 pm

The proplem is, the moderators are never on, i've seen one admin and no moderators on this week. We see proplems often enough (as in, 5-10 in the 2pm to 2am block) that we would have to constantly be calling for an admin to fix something. I would not post something if there wasnt an issue. All we're asking for is the ability to help ourselves and not incessantly nag the staff. Also, by the time someone can stop what they're doing and help us, said people fix their behaviour as to avoid punishment.
Barious

Postby Sarki » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:52 pm

Yes there is always an admin on. I don't think it's necessary for us to repeat ourselves a 3rd time.

If you have issues contact our staff, it is very easy and we will do our best to solve any problems. We will not hire you or your friends (some who have had issues with our staff/rules in the past) via demands like this.

So please, just follow server rules and report issues to the staff for once. I'm going to lock this thread for now.
Sarki

Return to Team Fortress 2