[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Am I weird for doing this in game?

Am I weird for doing this in game?

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Arcalane » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:04 am

This is why we invented the taunt-and-suicide. :)
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Makaze » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:43 am

Makaze

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:24 pm

anyone see that egypt map that's freaking huge and open? Yeah, they have these braziers hanging all around the map with fire burning in them, that actually damages you if you jump up there. I've come around the corner to humilate and seen soemone snuff out his own life rather than be humiliated by standing on one, hahaha.

Then I did that and by the time people noticed me/I died, the round changed XD
Angry_Squirrel

Postby DrJones » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:23 pm

If I am on the losing team and Humiliation starts while my character is still alive, I just let go of the controls. Let the winners have their jollies killing mannequins.
-Jonesy
Steam: DrJones
Live: Bloobunni
FA and LJ: jonesybunny
DrJones

Postby NikkyVix » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:15 am

In the end, it all depends on what you get out of it. We have widely-varying opinions on what's necessary in that mode, and surely someone else agrees with your moral code.

The dev team for Team Fortress 2 instituted this part of the game as a release and reward for the team that fought the hardest and accomplishing a win. I'm in support of it because it's a release for the winning attackers who overcame an obstacle, or defenders who survived in the face of onslaught.

I have no problem eventually being slain in the end round slaughter and congratulating the enemy because dammit, my team and I didn't do enough to keep it from happening. And if I want to prevent such a thing, well, I'll have to work harder, won't I?

By my experience in-game the vast majority of folks may not agree, and please don't jump down my throat with rebuttals because you don't. This is just how I see the end of the round, and it works out quite fine for me. For myself, being sportsmanlike also involves letting the winners have their pie too, you know. And I like making a minigame out of seeing whether I can survive the quarter-minute escape and live.

Because in the end, isn't everything in TF2 just a game?
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Jade » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:54 am

I don't think you're weird for it. Bitching about you letting someone go during humiliation seems awfully silly.
I enjoy long walks through the capital wasteland, watching the sun set over Megaton and...cuddles. :D
Jade

Previous

Return to Team Fortress 2