[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - The All-New TF2 Beta Changes

The All-New TF2 Beta Changes

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Salen Stormwing » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:39 pm

Salen Stormwing

Postby Irukandji » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:08 pm

Reserve Shooter changes? Pyro now? Hmm, sounds dame good actually. Still using my strange BackBurner though - the added switch speed for the shotty make the Axtinguisher work with BackBurner IMO.

Widow Maker now 30 Metal a shot. Bout time, now I can use the thing finally - this better move out of beta.

Tomislav now a -50 hp nerf is just plain dumb. I still don't get why they just gave it a damage nerf instead.

The rest don't really affect me, so yea :V
Irukandji

Postby Jinx » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:54 pm

Jinx

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:47 pm

To someone who started using the BB recently after exclusively using the degreaser for a long time, yeah that damage bonus is noticeable. It just seems like valve's continued trend of not wanting people to actually kill with fire based weapons ever (except the flaregun I guess) But I guess it's more of a way to cut down on people using the BB solely for the damage bonus to W+M1. If you're like me and you actually use the BB like you're supposed to (as in getting behind people for the crits) it probably won't be that big of an issue. But oh well, at least we get the reserve shooter now.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby MaskedJackal » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Image◕ ‿ ◕
MaskedJackal

Postby Irukandji » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Irukandji

Postby Oktoberwolf » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:24 am

You missed quite some stuff from your changelog.
Accurate changelogs: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Septe ... %28Beta%29 + http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Septe ... %28Beta%29

The changes: Nothing more than wait and see to see how they'll work out.

Also ITT: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/28/team- ... 0&ns_fee=0
Oktoberwolf

Postby Salen Stormwing » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:32 pm

Salen Stormwing

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:38 am

So not all was as it seemed.

While the BB is getting it's damage bonus taken away. The stock flamethrower got a 10% damage buff today, and because of this the BB's damage output is back to where it was before. The degreaser has a 10% damage penalty now but again, because of the FT's damage buff the degreaser damage output isn't changing at all.

All I can say is, it's about fucking time Valve reversed the 2010 pyro nerfs.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Salen Stormwing » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:24 pm

Salen Stormwing

Next

Return to Team Fortress 2