[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Advertising on a separate server

Advertising on a separate server

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Almanius » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:58 pm

Hello, I am Almanius (we'll use that as my name, for now).

I am a moderator on the "Black Knights Templar" CS:S/TF2 severs, and recently we've been having a bit of trouble with a couple of people from your community. You see, a couple of players have been advertising The Furry Pound servers on the BKT server for the past week-and-a-half.

Now, they don't seem to want to cause any trouble, but advertising any other server other than our own strictly breaks our Admin's established ToS.

If this continues, I will have to unfortunately ban all those that continue to break the terms of service.

Thank you.
Almanius

Postby HowlingSpirit » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:05 pm

Um...not to be rude, but this isn't something you need to be posting here. This is something you should be resolving yourself, not with posting a thread on our forums. Either deal with it yourself or don't deal with it at all.
*Furry highpaws all around*
HowlingSpirit

Postby Wulfie » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:26 pm

Or more politely from someone who's been here more than a day, please see if you can get in contact with some of the admins of the group/community around, Almanius, probably through Steam. Though considering their intention seems not to harm your community, have you tried pointing out your server rules to the ones who were 'advertising', while they were there?

Also, you'll have to take the sheer size of the TFP community into account, as a rule it's not 'our thing' to advertise like that at all, but there's bound to be plenty of people supposedly in the community that don't actually pay attention to rules from either side.

Hope you don't have many problems in the future.
Wulfie

Postby Purplecat » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:37 pm

We don't encourage advertising on other servers (there is no bonuses for recruitment and etc, i personally find that stuff even shady), and while we can't stop people from advertising outside of TFP you're under all right to ban people breaking your TOS for advertising on your server.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Jinx » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:41 pm

Jinx

Postby HowlingSpirit » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:47 pm

Sorry..wasn't my place to post here =/
*Furry highpaws all around*
HowlingSpirit

Postby Sarki » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:51 pm

Hello Almanius,

Like PC mentioned we don't condone such sort of behavior, you're free to ban
any of our members from your servers if they are breaking your rules.

At the moment we have almost 4,000 members and we cannot control the actions of a single one,
on what they do outside TFP, etc.
We frown upon having other servers advertised unfairly inside ours and we don't wish our players to do this to other communities either.

- TFP Staff.
Sarki

Return to Team Fortress 2