Map voting plugin vs built in.

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Org » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:06 am

Valve added built in map voting a while ago, but I don't see any servers using it, everyone seems to be sticking with the sourcemod one. My question is why? Is the built in one lacking something? Is it just sloth that keeps people from changing the server settings?
Org

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:02 am

I've seen some servers that use the built in map voter. Most people tend to ignore it and the game claims that not enough people voted for whatever. And really there's not point in using the built in one since the sourcemod one works just as well and it's already on there.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby STrRedWolf » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:49 pm

Not only that, the Sourcemod one uses the Announcer to call your attention to it.
Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:29 pm

That's actually something Purplecat threw together to call people's attention to it, not sourcemod.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Purplecat » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:00 pm

Yeah, I actually made it mainly to encourage people to nominate maps and to somewhat warn about impending mapvotes.

I'd really like to use the new poll interface, but there is no way to hook it from Sourcemod yet. And it's kind of clumsy and I rather have it handled by Sourcemod, but we can't... yet. :x I should ask the sourcemod dev team about it, but it's probably something Valve have to work on.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Return to Team Fortress 2