So! The Tomislav

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:27 am

Heavy's been win for a long time, now he's just overkill win. Well, even more overkill win.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Salen Stormwing » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:22 am

Well, one of the things about Heavy being "Win" was he was always tempered by the fact that his primary had the spin-up problem. If you want to jump up the small set of junk going to Point A on Dustbowl, you needed to spin down. And that would lead to many a missile/grenade/arrow in the face because you couldn't shoot back.

But seriously, the shotgun is totally not necessary for a Tomi-Heavy now, because his Tomi is superior in every way. More damage, no reload, and just a slight mobility issue while firing. Whoopty dookin' doo. :|

And the Fists of Steel aren't even a great choice just because it slows down your swapping out from your melee or sandvich to your DEATH MACHINE.

Yeah, the Natascha was bad back in the day, but this gun has become the Natascha-of-Now. Broken as hell, and RAEG inducing.

It's not a cross-grade when a Tomi-Heavy can kill as Mini-Heavy or Natascha-Heavy no problem at all.
Salen Stormwing

Postby Irukandji » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:33 pm

Sasha is still better as a single weapon if you ask me. They just gave the Tomislav too many positives and one negative that barely balances. I only really like it for the silence and the tommy gun design :3

If this gun is designed to make the heavy more mobile and faster at getting lead downrange, Tomislav should have a sizable damage penalty, as that would make it the "High-mobility covering-fire platform" I think it was supposed to be.
Irukandji

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:32 pm

The spin up hasn't been much of a problem since they buffed it, and the spin up movement speed last year. The tomislav removes it completely and has nothing to balance it out.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Salen Stormwing » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:07 am

So, now that they nerfed the Tomi, it's gone from overpowered to just slightly overpowered.

Also, I saw something last night on Degroot that I never seen before. The new Demo Knights charging up the top of their embankment and launching themselves off of it onto the top of the castle.

Seriously, WTF?
Salen Stormwing

Previous

Return to Team Fortress 2