So! The quick fix.

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Tails » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:26 pm

Who else loves it as much as I do? :D
Tails

Postby Purplecat » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:16 am

I'm missing the overheal. :<
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Tails » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:31 am

Yeah lack of overheal is a bid saddening but the speed of healing really makes up for it, especially the megaheal :D Megaheal is by far the best partner for ubercharge as the quickfix medic can heal himself and tank damage and prevent pyros from airblasting the uber target and just clean house! And quick fix makes the scout a viable medic partner if not one of the most valuable due to latching to a scout get you to the front lines :3
Tails

Postby Irukandji » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:42 am

Boy, love this new medigun so much. The lack of an overheal does take getting used too, but the bonuses make this an extremely utilitarian weapon. It heals quickly, give you a speed bonus allowing you to use scouts as a form of transportation, and the megaheal can fix up your entire team in seconds. Plus, the charge does appear to allow heavies to still tank one or two players' worth of direct fire, depending on circumstances.

When deployed with the aid of either of the other two mediguns, it can be the driving force behind steamrolling a map. Plus, it just looks awesome :3
Irukandji

Postby Salen Stormwing » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:21 pm

I miss my overheal as well. Actually went back to my old Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator last night because of it. Oh, sorry, my UNA is just the base Medigun. The new one is cool, but I wasn't very good with it. It doesn't suit my medical play style as much as I had hoped.
Salen Stormwing

Postby Irukandji » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:02 pm

Salen, I'll use QF, you uber with medigun. We'll rape the map rotation x)
Irukandji

Postby MaskedJackal » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 am

No overheal? No thanks. Overheal is a very important part of the game and sacrificing it gives you a clear disadvantage.
Image◕ ‿ ◕
MaskedJackal

Postby Purplecat » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:17 am

It feels like they're trying to make a more scout friendly gun. Heavies, Demomen and Soldiers especially benefit from overheal though, especially as it gives a "buffer" for both Demoman and Soldier to explosionjump while still being at least at 100% health.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Irukandji » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:37 pm

All based on intended purposes. QF medic can keep more people fully healed in a shorter time than Ubercannon/KK medic. But in terms of using mega heal, its not a "charge in guns blazing" two-man show like with the normal uber on a heavy.

This allows two medics to keep 12+ players relatively fully healed - QF can just patch up everyone, while the other medic can focus on building uber with a heavy/demo/solly.
Irukandji

Postby Salen Stormwing » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:49 pm

QF is very much a great weapon when you just want to top off the team. The few times I did try it, it was really nice, but when you want to get down into the nitty gritty of Heavy+Medic battle, you really need something else. The QF makes a great "Spare" medic pack. If you have an Uber medic already, QF is a great secondary. Sort of similar to how the YER and Normal Knife Spies work well together. 1 will be able to cover what the other spy can't.
Salen Stormwing

Next

Return to Team Fortress 2