[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Flood of N00bs!

Flood of N00bs!

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Salen Stormwing » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:23 pm

Okay, last night was reaaaaaallllllllly bad. N00bs, EVERYWHERE! Filling up all those precious TFP #4 & #6 slots that TFP. And all those other TFP servers that weren't #8, because it was password protected.

Can we Password protect the other servers, or some of them, or soemthing, because they're everywhere. Seriously, it was out of hand how well protected the last point was on well, even though we were on the other side of the map, pushing into the opposing team.

Just, a suggestion. Normally, I'd be against passwords, but seriously, this is dookin' stupid.
Salen Stormwing

Postby Purplecat » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:57 pm

Well, better push people onto TFP8 then. Problem passwording a current server is that it probably would empty it like TFP8 again. We shouldn't really reject all the newbies either directly though.

Maybe I consider reviving my group limiting plugin and recreate TFP1 for once. But I would have to set it up in a such way that people don't get into it through quicklplay.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Salen Stormwing » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:10 pm

Well, its just a suggestion really. However the admins feel best to handle it is all I worry about really. Seriously though, tons of noobs on the server. But yeah, hope everyone who's at AC is having fun.
Salen Stormwing

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:43 pm

Well the game just went free, this should be expected.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Replica Trout Mask » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:51 pm

It was hard enough to get on the servers before the free to play announcement hit. Now it's ridiculous, lucky if you got one slot open to get in.

Seems like the flood has bought quite a few "lolfurriessuck" trolls along with it. Quite a few were on last night. God bless built-in mute features.
Replica Trout Mask

Postby Fox Vert » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:17 am

Now with added Brain Slug
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrFoxVert
Fox Vert

Postby Purplecat » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:17 am

It's easy to make a server opt out actually, just use -nomaster. That turns the server invisible for Valve's master server. :) I did that with TFP5 back in the day when we had a group limiting plugin.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Salen Stormwing » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Oh, please turn that on. The number of "Zomgs Furries on a Furry Server!" is getting stupid. Hearing the same Anti-furry rant from everyone who just ignores the front page and clicks Continue is getting repetitive. Also, quite a few of them are f'n noobs.

At the very least, turn it on the more popular TFP Regular servers, like #4, #6 and... uh, whatever the Euro-Furs number is. I forget what server they typically roll with. #9?
Salen Stormwing

Postby Replica Trout Mask » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:27 pm

Replica Trout Mask

Postby NikkyVix » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:30 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Next

Return to Team Fortress 2