[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Any consideration for a Vanilla server?

Any consideration for a Vanilla server?

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby TheDXM » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:24 pm

Blah blah blah, unlocks, blah blah. Love 'em, hate 'em. I don't care, but you have to admit: Old school TF2 was good stuff.
TheDXM

Postby Salen Stormwing » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:13 pm

Original TF2 wasn't that good. 2Fort is bad. Painfully bad. Boring. So f'n boring.

Some of us folks enjoy newer maps. That's why Valve adds community maps to the official lists. Plus... I love my hats. You may take mah freedom, but you'll never take... MAH HATS... or my Katana.
Salen Stormwing

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:47 pm

He meant just weapons, but as being someone who's been playing TF2 since the old beta yeah it was still pretty fun back then. As much as I love my degreaser/axtingusher combo, an all stock weapons server would be kind of interesting just to see what it's like to play without all the extra shit again. And I actually prefer a lot of the older maps, since most of the newer one have been kind of shitty. I would play 2fort and hydro 24/7 before I'd play doublecross or hightower or that god forsaken degrootkeep piece of shit for more than 5 minutes.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Jinx » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:50 pm

I'd say pre-polycount is probably the best. No unlocks means ubers become unstoppable forces of carnage though. Still we'll consider it, but Valve has done an excellent job of keeping these ridiculous number of unlocks mostly balanced, and in most cases the vanilla weapons are the best choice anyway.
Jinx

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:51 pm

The stock flamethrower still has the airblast Jinx. :p
Mr. Munchlax

Postby TheDXM » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:29 pm

Ubers were never unstoppable... Dead medics/no medics=No uber for you. There's also always counter-ubers, sure it might not stop the enemy heavy from way-laying your entire team, but likewise, HIS won't stop you from doing the same at the same moment. Good soldiers and demos can also bounce around ubers a la pyro believe it or not :p

And yeah, airblast. I don't think it's true true vanilla, but seriously, who wants that taken out?
TheDXM

Postby Sekh765 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:39 pm

Medic unlocks were kinda necessary to make the medic more viable. Mainly the Kritz. I've thought about a prepolycount server before, which would be /just/ valve update stuff. Engi update, Soldier update, etc.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:30 pm

Only problem I'd have with that is that the targe/eyelander would still be there... but oh well! :p
Mr. Munchlax

Postby STrRedWolf » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:58 pm

Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:33 am

TFP 4 is Valve MAPS only.

Sekh means a server that only has the class update weapons. So basically nothing past the engie update... and hopefully none of the community weapons released before that.
Mr. Munchlax

Next

Return to Team Fortress 2