[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - TF2 Beta Thoughts

TF2 Beta Thoughts

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:12 pm

The point of the beta is to try out some of the crazier things so everyone can get access to them without throwing them in the regular game... And it's obvious the new soldier items are made for pocket soldiers in comp play (even though if they ever are put in the game proper they'll most likely just get banned). Still, I have to ask, how the hell is the new syringe gun even supposed to be remotely useful at all?

Also, Valve, please put the detonator in the regular game, you've given us the better version of the backburner, it's time we got our flarejumping too. :c
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Purplecat » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:35 pm

Sekh: They are already throwing away the stats on them.

Infact that is what they wanted to do with TF2 beta from the beginning, try to the extreme, see how people react. Infact we probably will see most weapons tested in TF2 beta being somewhat nerfed before reaching the stable retail game.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Sekh765 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:41 pm

I understand the point of the beta perfectly, but they don't even seem to be trying with this.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Jinx » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:58 pm

Jinx

Postby Purplecat » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:37 pm

That Rocket launcher is pretty much scrapped according to a Valve developer on the forums. Although they will apparently experiment with another "pocket medic" weapon for soldier so hmm.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Salen Stormwing » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:03 pm

This seems to be the Valve TF2 Weapon Beta Testing Mindset. In this case, the only thing that's sticking around is how bad most of these "test weapons" are.

PS: I bet Cave Johnson and Saxton Hale hang out on the weekend beating up hippies and punching science.
Salen Stormwing

Postby STrRedWolf » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:48 pm

Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Postby pablofiasco » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:32 pm

all i want to know,
is who in valve i have to <fill in"adult content" here> to get the detanator in-game
pablofiasco

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:43 pm

Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby suttles » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:09 pm

Yea, I wish they added the detonator. Its one of the most fun weapons in the game, its amazing. You can jump with it, which is pretty cool, its what I always wanted for my little pyro.
suttles

PreviousNext

Return to Team Fortress 2