TF2 Beta Thoughts

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Salen Stormwing » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:44 pm

Oh, hey, guess what? They added in a new set of stuff to the Beta. I'll cover the stuff later.
Salen Stormwing

Postby Salen Stormwing » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:38 pm

Okay, welcome to the return of TF2 Beta Thoughts. I'm your host, Salen Stormwing, and this week we'll be looking at the latest and greatest beta weapons Valve's giving us to play with while they do their Uber event that'll distract everyone from this thread. Now... on with the show.

Medic Weapons:
Beta Quick-Fix, Beta Syringe Gun, & Beta Bonesaw

Quick-Fix:
I'm not sure what this does. if you just want to top folks off, that's fine, but I'm honestly not sure what "stun & damage" forces are. Okay, stun I'd assume would be like the Scout's stunball, but Damage forces? :?

Syringe Gun: Medics move faster as they gain more uber charge, up to 10% faster. Someone needs to speed up the Gloves of Running Urgently, if this is used. Medics will once more run faster than Heavies. Overall, not bad for a minimal -10% damage.

Bonesaw: I see your health. Totally okay with this. And practical. At least it does something the Amputator doesn't do.

Pyro Weapons:
Detonator

Detonator: Updated Denotator. Now with mini-explosion on contact and +20% explosive self-damage. Okay, so you can blow yourself up easier in close, but that shouldn't be a problem. You have a flamethrower for CQC. So flare-jumping might hurt more, but still... you'll be AWESOME.

Soldier Weapons:
Beta Pocket Rocket 1-3, Beta Pocket Shotgun, Beta Split Equalizer 1-2, Equalizer

Pocket Rockets!: No no no. -10 HP per hit?! I don't care what you think Valve, making Soldiers reliant on Medics is a BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD idea. Screw all 3 of these weapons... I do like the faster reload one though. But it still sucks.

Pocket Shotgun: Okay, I like this weapon. You swap out slower when you don't have healing medic on you, but when you do, it's 20% more deadly. I like this weapon, a lot. It's useful if you HAVE a medic but not horrible if you don't. The slower swap out speed is totally groovy. Make this happen!

Split Equalizers!: Either run faster, or hit harder. No 2-in-1 version. Haven't they tested this to death already? PICK ONE, Valve!

Equalizer: It's a slightly less dangerous version of the shovel. Uh... why?

Sniper Weapons:
Beta Sniper Rifle, Beta Sniper Club

Sniper Rifle: If you shoot well, you'll be able to shoot even faster and harder. If you can't hit the broad size of Barnblitz, you're going to HATE the gun. I can see this gun being RAGE INDUCING, especially for folk having aimbotters use it on them. "Headshot, Headshot, Headshot, Headshot..."

Sniper Club: Damage Equalizer for Snipers, but less EXTREEEEEEME! Eh, if they want it, that's fine. I prefer the bushwacker, but I don't see anything overly wrong with the weapon.

Scout Weapons:
Shortstop

Shortstop: -20% Reload Speed. Totally worthless balance. The gun sucks compared to the Shotgun, and the reload speed was the only thing that made it worth it. If Valve changes it, it won't break my heart, but I think I'll stick to the normal shotty.

So yeah, there you go. Provide your own thoughts. I just felt like I should update this since we do have new beta weapons, to play with, but no one cares right now because of the Uber update.
Salen Stormwing

Postby Purplecat » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:04 pm

I thought that "damage forces" was weapons with a pushback, such as the sentry gun fire and the FAN.

And reading the ingame description, I was right.

I'm not too fond of the idea of pocket soldier weapons, nor a sniper rifle awarding skilled sniper players (the regular sniper rifle already does a good enough job of that).
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Salen Stormwing » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:02 pm

Oh, so a quick-fix makes you not go flying off. That's sort of cool.

Also, Beta Sniper Club is now the new Sniper Sword. Didn't take long to get the stats put into the game.
Salen Stormwing

Previous

Return to Team Fortress 2