Server 6 and it's continued quest to be awesome.

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Salen Stormwing » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:46 pm

Interesting. So that's what was going on with #6. I might have to give it a try tonight, unless I'm feeling lazy and then it'll be tomorrow.
Salen Stormwing

Postby Jjiinx » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:51 am

I love this change! I find myself playing on 6 a lot more then 4 now <3 <3 <3
Jjiinx

Postby Sekh765 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:44 am

The weekend was met with overwhelming success. It was almost universally loved, so I am extending it for at least another week, maybe longer. Please continue to tell other folks about the change to the server.

I was very happy at the almost complete elimination of whining about "unfair" teams. It seems that when players know that there's no possible way to stack (I went so far as to remove the ability to swap teams completely), that they accept defeat gracefully and move on. It helps that this is coupled with 6's other primary feature of "20 minute maps), so about the time you start feeling like the game is hopeless, you are swept off to a new team on a new map.

Hope everyone continues to enjoy themselves. It's helped me get back into TF2 after taking a month break or so. :)
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Nursemouse » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:35 pm

6 has become my new favorite server! Love the short rounds, auto-assign, and the inability to switch teams to avoid stacking. Makes for a much more fair game.
Nursemouse

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:41 pm

I think 6 has jumped up in popularity in general, really this should be permanent!
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby skunkfox » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:17 am

Hiya burd I broke auto-assign on the server for ya! Now if only you could fix auto scramble on the server to be automatic rather then via vote. as everyone votes no rather then to scrable. Oh wait! You can fix that by turning on Auto-Scramble!
"Peanutty DOOM!" SkunkFox...

Please note I am not sane for sanity is borng...
Plus I'm wearing Python's hide as a belt! >:3
skunkfox

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:35 am

I'm not turning on auto-scramble. The server is set to 20 minute matches, so if a team is so stacked that people want an auto scramble, it will be unstacked in 20 minutes, or they can just vote.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Previous

Return to Team Fortress 2