Is this possible?

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Jjiinx » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:56 am

Remove in game auto balance and in between rounds, if the difference between both team's total scores is larger then a certain value, have a mass auto balance that attempts to even out teams

This way there's less chance of team stacking, nobody get's pissed because they were helping out their team a lot in game and they're auto balanced at the last minute to the losing team, and games are all around more even, and thus, more enjoyable for both sides.

I think this is at least worth a shot if able to do for a little while to see what people think. IMO this is a much better and less annoying way then the default auto balance thing there is right now.
Jjiinx

Postby Oktoberwolf » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:35 am

Well,in my opinion the Scramble plugin is missing only one thing as of now: Forced autoscramble.

After let's say 3 consecutive failed Auto-scramble votes, a forced autoscramble would start.

This would help in the "not-so-rare" situation in which the teams are obviously unbalanced and the rolling team votes No to the Auto-scramble vote, which tends to make people quit.
Oktoberwolf

Postby STrRedWolf » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:57 pm

I've proposed a similar tactic, Oktober. After two rounds, and normal scramble is asked for but denied through all those rounds, force a scramble.

The idea is out there, but the edge case it fixes with seems to happen alot.
Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Return to Team Fortress 2