[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - TF2 Beta

TF2 Beta

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:58 pm

Hey so you think there'd be a chance at setting up a TF2 beta server? I have a feeling I'm going to be playing that one more often than regular TF2. At least until they roll out one of those new Natascha variants into the regular game.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Purplecat » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:33 am

There is one now up at 208.115.128.10:27045

It hadn't seen too much activity so far, but if a bunch of people join at once... maybe we can get a beta game or two going.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby STrRedWolf » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:47 pm

Is it worth joining the beta?
Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Postby Fox Vert » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:39 am

Now with added Brain Slug
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrFoxVert
Fox Vert

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:13 am

All the Natascha variants have the slowdown fall off. Each one, even the one that's just called "Natascha" has it's own set of new nerfs.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Salen Stormwing » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:14 pm

Yeah, I tried out the Natasha in the Beta. They have 3 versions. All have slow down fall off based on distance. The first one was similar to the normal the standard Natasha, except it's got a +30% rev up time before it's usable. Not painfully bad if you plan your Pre-fire revving right. Version 2 is -40% damage, instead of the normal Natasha's -25% damage, and Version 3 is -25% damage as normal, same spin up speed, -75 HP to the heavy. That's 25% of your HP.

I honestly thought the -75 HP version was a horrible idea so I just stuck with the main Natasha and didn't have much issue with it. And the fall off speed isn't bad from what I could tell.
Salen Stormwing

Postby Oktoberwolf » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:23 pm

Imo the first variant (the one with the "old" Spin-up time) is the best one,since the other variants are imo a bit exagerate.

I still to give a decisive test to 5gorge or to see what's the main influence for the new "ramp room" door in Granary,but time to time
Oktoberwolf

Postby Purplecat » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:15 am

Everyone I talks to prefer the modified rev time. So it looks like Valve is going with that version.

I also suspect Valve wanted more data regarding the full Saharan spy set and it's balance (in terms of advantages/disadvantages) which is probably why the full set is included. Sneaky of them, isn't it?
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby STrRedWolf » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:23 am

Some interesting news. Turns out two FA furs were invited to beta-test Portal 2 in their offices this weekend. So they went...

...and with some feedback, also got a chance to view a preview of "Meet the Medic."

Before you go crazy, here's the URL from one of the furs: http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/1935729/ There's no spoilers, it's still in development, but just the news that it's being MADE.

Excuse me, I'm going to go nuts...
Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Return to Team Fortress 2