[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - A small revision to the spawncamping rule

A small revision to the spawncamping rule

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby TV's Rob » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:07 pm

I understand why the current rule about spawncamping is in place. However, I would like to request a minor amendment to the existing rule on the TFP servers. I feel that the current rule gives an unfair advantage to the defending team on game modes such as Payload and Attack/Defend. Specifically where the defending team's spawndoors are literally right next to Blu's objective (for example, the final cap on the final stage of Dustbowl, or the final cap on most any payload map). The attacking team in these stages are huddled very close together and are quite vulnerable to splash damage. Allowing the defending team to get free shots on them just by way of respawning disrupts the equilibrium of fair sport.

My proposal is that if the attacking team is physically standing on a capture point or the payload, they can direct their fire at respawning defenders. This change will not protect players who travel directly to the opposing teams respawn rooms and will give players who are currently attempting to reach the goal of a map an adequate chance to defend themselves within reason. I hope my idea is reasonable and modest, and would be glad to hear ideas and revisions. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
TV's Rob

Postby NikkyVix » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:58 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby TV's Rob » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:12 pm

I see. I guess I just misunderstood what was considered allowable because I was recently banned for laying down stickies on Badwater 4 while pushing the cart. Truly an honest mistake because I actually follow the rules. With this new understanding, I will earnestly follow these guidelines. Is there anyway I can be pardoned from this ban now?
TV's Rob

Postby NikkyVix » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:22 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Return to Team Fortress 2