HL-Stats?

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Teddytiger » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:21 pm

Hey server gurus, I was talking with a friend today who plays TF2 heavily, and I pointed him to the TFP Servers. While he likes the atmosphere, the one thing that's keeping him from playing on them is the lack of HL-Stats. Just curious how hard it would be to impliment? That way we all could keep track of our gaming stats on the servers, and from he's saying, it's free.

Thanks!

Teddy
If you plan on kicking a tiger in it's ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with it's teeth...
Teddytiger

Postby Purplecat » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:37 pm

Stat tracking systems like that works badly for TF2 since they are built around a near "zero sum" games, such as Counter-strike or HL2 deathmatch. It dosen't work as well for TF2, cause they would bias towards high K:D players, rather than people actually doing stuff for their team (high K:D can infact, be a sign of just being too careful :P).

Either way, long story short... we don't implement it. We don't want people to worry about their longtime tats while playing the game. For keeping track of personal progress, tf2stats works well enough if you REALLY need it.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:50 am

We've been aware of HL-Stats since before TFP was an amusing little misfire in the minds of its founders.

It's not a matter of difficulty. We just want our players to focus more on playing for fun instead of wondering where they rank in the server's ladder for kill-death ratio and how many people they've melee'd to death. :)

If the presence of stats-recording is a requirement for playing on servers, then I would recommend your friend check out SimianCage servers for all the hlstats goodness he'd like.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Return to Team Fortress 2