[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - TF2 Server no longer Wallhack save?

TF2 Server no longer Wallhack save?

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby »Dragoon« » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:46 pm

"You know what must really suck? Being a Nigerian official trying to
send legitimate e-mail."
--Jim Henley
»Dragoon«

Postby Purplecat » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:25 pm

You have to understand that the reason for the spartan "blacklist" of ours was to not prevent modding. So instead of widely covering files in the slim chance they're abused, we went just straight for the files that are rarely changed by mods, but defiantly are changed for cheating. So yes, we know about those things.

With your proposal (which is exactly the same as the default whitelist file!), we could as well just use sv_pure 2. :/ But we didn't cause we have plenty of players who are fond of using mods.

Edit: All servers have the wait command disabled. This seems to be the Valve default anyway, and personally I don't think scripts involving wait is beneficial to players anyway... but actually needlessly handicaps themselves with it.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Caps » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:24 am

not speaking from experience but arent whitelists like the biggest fucking pain in the ass ever
Caps

Postby Anri » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:27 am

I am curious though. What do you do to go about proving someone is material hacking for the purpose of seeing through walls (and I'll admit, some people have seemed a little TOO good at popping out of corners at just the right time with aim that says 'I knew where you were') and how do you go about stopping it.
Anri

Postby Tehrasha » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:18 am

Everything I've learned in TF2, I've learned from watching Doom kick my ass!
Tehrasha

Postby Purplecat » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:23 am

Usuaully a telltale sign is people being eerily aware of targets behind walls. There is a cheat command that turns walls transparent or into wireframes inbuilt into TF2, that you can ironically use to spot people cheating that way (since the game allows you to turn it on for demos).

There's is lots of way to wallhack, changing the materials involved is far from the only way. On videos from aimbotters themselves (there is quite a few), you can see boxes surround players as a "overlay", making players much easiers to spot through walls or even when they're invisible. Most wallhackers I seen also recoilhack and/or aimbots, so they're easy to spot anyway.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Sultry Skunk » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:13 pm

Haxxors have rarely been a problem in TFP. Mostly we're too busy complaining about stacking and not playing with our snugglebuddies.

And some of us are so bad not even wall hacking can help us.... Not.. that.. I...was using them.. *hits delete*

So.. how is everyone?
Sultry Skunk

Return to Team Fortress 2