[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Engineer update is the best class update! Click for details.

Engineer update is the best class update! Click for details.

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Tails » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:09 am

Our old friend the engineer who has finally received his update and it may possibly be the best out of all of the class updates. How you ask? All I say is listen.....hear it? The sound of quiet and not one bit of crying? If you are hearing a giant pack of nothing then there is the proof! There has not been any crying about any of the engi unlocks being overpowered or anything! Normally after every class update there was bitching and moaning and every little baby man crying his eyes out at every new thing and begged for nerfs....and then there is this update and it has been smooth since release instead of a sea of tears from day one.

What do you all think of this miracle?
Tails

Postby skunkfox » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:07 am

Probably funny as hell if you hear "Need a Dispensor Here!" and 8+ engies replying "Alrighty then!" hehe! The scouts must be in dispensor heaven right now.

Scarey thought though.... Octo-Dispensor Heavy... Poor medic will be lonely if that happens...
"Peanutty DOOM!" SkunkFox...

Please note I am not sane for sanity is borng...
Plus I'm wearing Python's hide as a belt! >:3
skunkfox

Postby Purplecat » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:20 am

I have two problems with this update.

First is a minor one, a game with too many engineers is not fun. But this is temporary, as people get bored on his new toys...

The second one is the golden wrench thing. The fact that it isn't random, and was released over a predetermined time schedule (which got leaked), is just... bad. It was honestly a " first one to craft at X minute gets it" in disguise.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:07 am

I think the idea of the golden wrenches was itself bad... Valve should know from numerous past experiences that stuff like that always leads to bad things. But I guess they never learn, or don't care. Probably the latter.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby draconigen » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:53 am

draconigen

Postby Purplecat » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:37 pm

Drunken Fool dropped the bomb on the predetermined release times, after Valve VAC banned him. There is a video on youtube which shows people counting down to golden wrench drops on his server infact. *checks*

Here's a video where that is happening in action

Drunken F00l in a attempt at saving his own ass said at first he was just getting it from determining a pattern, but later revealed it was leaked by a Valve Employee.

The people who cheated to get it had their wrenches removed and got banned, but we never know for sure if they got hold of everyone. :P
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Jinx » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:14 pm

All in all I thought it was a pretty good update; the engineer got some really good changes to help him be more offensive oriented. As for the golden wrench fiasco, it seemed kind of apparent that they were dropping based on time and not randomness after Valve mentioned it would be fair to people in all timezones unlike the soldier medal and then noticing they were going to get through all 100 wrenches before pushing the engineer update (worked out to about a wrench an hour). Ah well though, there will undoubtedly be another limited item release in the not to distant future :P I'm sure people will begin to cry about nerfs/buffs eventually but I think everyone is busy having too much fun with the unlocks :)
Jinx

Postby NikkyVix » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:52 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby pablofiasco » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:58 pm

i LOVE the engy update,
im not playing engy mind you, but direct hit solider,
ive beaten my "most building kills" record several times over, mostly because of noob-ish engys building in the same spot over and over, despite the fact that i kill his AND his friends stuff 3-4 times already :0
pablofiasco

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Next

Return to Team Fortress 2