Forced Auto-assign

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Skie » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:15 pm

This might be a shot in vain, but at least on TFP3, when regulars or marginally better players are on, they always, without a doubt, stack on one team. Usually RED.

So how about employing that new command that came in a recent patch, to force auto assign players to the RED and BLU teams? And even better, forced scramble after every two rounds.
I honestly can't stand the stacking cowards any longer. Might as well rename to The Stacky Pound unless something is done about it.
Skie

Postby Purplecat » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:56 pm

Short answer is no.

Long answer is:
1. We already have a recent thread regarding scrambling/stacking whatever, so I'm closing this thread due to redundancy.
2. We don't want to take away the choice of players, it's why the scrambler never forces anything.
3. If scrambling every other round was implemented, it would honestly lead to a lot of people no longer playing on TFP. You fight through the two first stages of dustbowl, and you reach the last and final stage... then is scrambled to the defending team cause of the forced scramble. Just no.
4. Auto-assign is flawed as you can just rejoin the server over and over again until you get on the team you want on. Or you can just look at the scoreboard if you really want to get on the right team. If you really want it, I suggest to play arena which is close enough. Scrambles every third round here too. :P
Purplecat
Site Admin

Return to Team Fortress 2