9 Servers? And Custom maps.

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby HayashiFox » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:56 pm

2 things I would like to bring up. First, you guys have 9 servers, ya? But when I see them in my servers, I've ever only seen about 3 or 4 of them actually have people in them. Do you think we should get rid of the ones that are never used and free up space?

Second, Custom maps. This is something I've dealt with personally. TFP really should dedicated servers to custom maps. You pretty much force someone to leave the server, either because they can't or don't want to install a custom map. I'd say we could dedicated 1 or 2 servers to custom, and the others can be Stock only.
HayashiFox

Postby Jinx » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:22 pm

On heavy days all of the servers can be near capacity. Also you must be new here, servers 3 and 4 (and 6 and 8 for the time being) are running stock maps only. All other servers have varying degrees of custom maps. Some of them, like servers 1, 2, and 5, even with a couple popular custom maps will stay on stock maps for a majority of the time.
Jinx

Postby NikkyVix » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:42 pm

Additionally, two of our servers are simply temporary and due to be taken offline, because they were brought online initially to fill the gap during 4 and 5's temporary transition between ISP's a few weeks back.

Welcome to the Furry Pound. Don't worry, after two years the staff kinda has a good idea for what we're doing with our stuff. :)
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:03 pm

The main plan right now is to see what happens with the engineer update first though, since we always get 100% full servers during those times (as soon the damn updater stops glitching due to busy steam servers).

Which has been coming soon for two months now. ._.;
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby HayashiFox » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:15 pm

..Has it been 2 months? :shock:
HayashiFox

Return to Team Fortress 2