[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Spawncamping.

Spawncamping.

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Anri » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:59 am

I'm starting to see it crop up more and more, but nothing as blatant as just now. About 10-15 minutes ago now we had about 8-9 of the entire red team shooting at the spawn door on last map of Dustbowl (server 2), mostly heavies and medics and uttering cries of 'u mad' when the fact they are spawncamping is pointed out to them; only finally backing off after I threatened to get an admin in there. Something I shouldn't have to threaten to do, really. If the servers allowed it, I really wouldn't care but...

And before anyone here says 'u mad' yes, I am actually a little miffed.

And also before anyone points out opening siege blah blah, I mean we were pushed back to the actual spawn room and the actual spawn door that they were actually shooting at as we tried to come out, not just that opening foyer where the starting gates are.
Anri

Postby NikkyVix » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:06 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby HayashiFox » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:51 pm

^ This. Go switch to spectator, and get a demo. (Spec is the best way, that way you can get all the players involved.)

If you can't switch because of un-even teams, try to get one anyway, and copy the Steam ID of the offending player/players.

Now, usually when someone tells someone else to get away from their Spawn, they do. I'm surprised that this happened.
HayashiFox

Return to Team Fortress 2