[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Some Plugin Suggestions

Some Plugin Suggestions

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby draconigen » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:29 am

Hello there fellow TFP community,

it's your nooby medic dog (or most recently super-annyoing-out-of-the-box-W+M1-suicide-pyro) striking again, this time with a bit more general topic as I recently spoke with someone about even more (and more interesting that the following below!) plugins for our experimental server TFP#9!

But that's not my original subject. Recently, while cheating on my beloved TFP community by playing on a random nonfurry server, I stumbled across a very interesting spy. And as I have no twisted clue about how modifications and plugins are handled in Team Fortress 2, I wondered how this fellow managed to attach a TAIL to himself, and so far no furry have done the same! (Or at least, I haven't seen this before. Because, you know, I'm not looking at my team mates' ... tails while playing. Really!)

But enough of poor attempts on decribing what I mean. Here are some photos of evidence!
Attachments
evidence80quality.jpg
Oh yes, and he also had those reindeer thingies on his head. And a canine tail. He must have some twisted parents...
evidence80quality.jpg (122.27 KiB) Viewed 7412 times
draconigen

Postby Wulfie » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:59 am

Most likely using the equipment mod which allows people to attach custom hats or misc items to themselves. Was quite common on casual/fun servers before a recent patch that purposely broke it, since the servers were letting people equip official hats. And Valve didn't like that. The plugin has been remade and given the go ahead by valve on the basis that the new version doesn't allow official hats, and only allows custom ones like in the picture above.

Not entirely sure if the admins here would consider it, and if they did they'd probably stick it to.. one of the lesser used servers anyway.

Next time you're on that server, try typing /em .. You should get a menu similar to the map vote menu popping up.
Wulfie

Postby SilverWolf » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:25 am

that tail looks like a reskin of the Fox-Scout "hat" that was released (which can now replace all classes IIRC).
SilverWolf

Postby Arcalane » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:31 am

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Purplecat » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:06 pm

Indeed. Infact same goes for most gamechanging plugin, the more drastic it is... the more likely it is to break at the next major update.

Hell, even basic Sourcemod commands breaks at some updates due to Valve changing the server offsets. Happens a little less often now, but still. :|
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby draconigen » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:26 pm

Oh, I didn't see it this way. As the simple customer, I never noticed what Valve is doing with all those awesome updates that happen so often. Anyway, I really appreciate every plugin or mod the TFP sets up, and now even more the work behind that all.
draconigen

Postby Purplecat » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:27 pm

It's understandable why valve changes stuff, like when they optimized the Linux server (as part of the Mac updates it seems, cause Mac Os X is a nixlike OS). What people got mainly pissed though, was there wasn't even a advance warning from Valve's side. :/ They did say it would break plugins when they did that, but just at the same time as they released the game.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Return to Team Fortress 2