Some bloody newb questions

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby draconigen » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Dear rest of TFP,

Your fellow medic doggeh has the urge to finally propose some questions to you, which have been on his mind for too long now. If you know any good answer, spill it out! You might get rewarded with a lovely, handmade ubercharge.

A) What's with this "Sekh still likes his periods" message appearing on the TFP Servers now and then?

B) In some obviously random cases, following red message appears in my Character Setup menu: "Note: Loadout changes will take effect on respawn". What does it mean? Respawning doesn't do anything.

C) Last and least, but still a mind pondering question: What's this password-protected voice channel "Havoc Inc." on the TFP Ventrilo Server? I'm a fan of this comic, and curiosity doesn't kill cats only!

Thank you in advance,
The dog right behind you
(for healing purposes, of course.)
draconigen

Postby Purplecat » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:07 pm

A. I don't know the exact details of this one, but as far I can tell it's a injoke between Sekh and Endeavour3D (both are admins) :).

B. It means that whenever you change your unlockable weapons, hats and misc items (such as the medals), the change dosen't apply until you respawn. What it dosen't tell you (but probably should) is that you can get your changed weapons if you walk towards the resupply locker in the supply/respawn rooms.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Sekh765 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:09 pm

Welcome, let me see if I can clear that up for you.

A) Because Endeavour3D is a dick. Also because when we installed the rotating message program I told him he had to go back and put periods on the end of everything because they looked tacky without it.

B) If you select a new weapon, such as going from the scattergun to the FAN while you are still alive, you won't get your FAN until you either respawn or walk up to an ammo cabinet.

C) I honestly have no idea. I never use our ventrilo >>
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby draconigen » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:56 pm

Aaaha! Never noticed I've been changing my weapons without forcing the effect to take by walking up to a locker. Huh..
Anyway! Thank you both very much for the quick answers :3 Besides, I like the funny story behind that "Sekh still likes his periods." *g*
draconigen

Postby RollingEye » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:36 am

Sekh loves the crap outta his periods. And on TFP, he can have that time of the month... ALL MONTHS.
Oh crap, is it coward-killing time already?
--
Disclaimer: The views presented by this Rolly are not always serious. Use common sense/brain when reading.
RollingEye

Return to Team Fortress 2