[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Pyros Unite!

Pyros Unite!

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Sun May 02, 2010 1:59 am

Anyone who opposes the recent nerfs to the pyro should join this group immediately!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/powu

We must show Valve that the direction that they are going with the pyro is a huge mistake! Please! Even if you don't play pyro but disagree with the recent changes to his play style join and help our cause!
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Padfox » Mon May 03, 2010 1:57 pm

I think that the changes may serve a greater purpose in a future patch. Maybe the changes to reflects, like the homewrecker, will play off of some new functionality in the engi update?

Imagine a sentry that only shoots high-damage rockets, but will shoot at anybody, plus a skilled reflect pyro turning them each into mini crits :D /dream
Padfox

Postby pablofiasco » Mon May 03, 2010 2:37 pm

i think most people here would agree,
i'm something of a career pyro,
its my number one class by far,

so far, the actual flamethrower changes...well i have noticed im getting slightly less after-burn kills, but actual kill count seems pretty consistent,
one big change: Ive retired my flare-gun entirely now, ive found myself running out of fire far to often, and needing the backup of the shotty, rather then the annoying plinking of the flares

on the flipside, ive been getting reflect kills out the wazooo now, including a few reflect arrow head shots (well....1 reflect arrow headshot, i beat my last personal best of 0)
and ive gotten a few sentryrocket reflect kills as well (poor sentry placemnt, the bullets from teh sentry hit a low wall, while the rockets went overhead, i was able to just blast teh rockets back each time)

for now, im taking a wait-n-see attitude,
yes, its a little annoying that i have to work it a bit more then what ive gotten used to to get kills,
BUT with the other changes, i have hopes that the future engy revamp will mean big things for burning stuff
pablofiasco

Postby Purplecat » Mon May 03, 2010 3:05 pm

I'm bit more of a wait and see, though unfortunately the pyro airblast is very dependent on the latency to the server too. Valve should probably make sure that successful airblast clientside, is applied serverside too even with some latency involved. Unfortunately right now, lag compensation isn't actually applied to rockets (which is why you notice a small delay when firing on 250+ ms servers).
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Tehrasha » Mon May 03, 2010 6:59 pm

The only thing I dont like is that it is near impossible to burn a sentry down, even under the protection of uber. But it makes sense from the POV of making the Homewrecker a more viable weapon. I have not tried the Backburner changes yet. I rely too much on my airblast.

I love the new quicker airblast (leaf blower) for rocket reflection.

I still prefer the flare gun though. Killing an enemy after they think they have out-run you (with something other than spamming random scattershot) is very satisfying.
Everything I've learned in TF2, I've learned from watching Doom kick my ass!
Tehrasha

Postby Arcalane » Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Return to Team Fortress 2