[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Where can I brag that I'm better than another player?

Where can I brag that I'm better than another player?

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Purplecat » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:37 pm

It's better to be a good sport, rubbing it in when you win will only annoy your opponents... which might be your future teammates at some point. :P
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Zareth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:28 pm

Mm, agreed with what Purple said. The only time I use taunts is if it was a really good, close fight :3 like a 1v1, i'll do it as kind of a 'good fight!' kind of gesture :p but I also tell them in text so they don't think i'm some kinda dick X3

Otherwise I don't taunt, except during setup. or I voice command spam. (scout jeers, soldier cheers, pyro cheer, you name it x3)
Zareth

Postby Dr. Furry » Tue May 11, 2010 5:05 am

if your opponent sucks, then you should feel free oto tell them, hopefully they'll catch on and improve.
Dr. Furry

Postby Sekh765 » Tue May 11, 2010 5:51 am

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby NikkyVix » Tue May 11, 2010 4:05 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Tue May 11, 2010 8:31 pm

Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby NikkyVix » Tue May 11, 2010 8:50 pm

Purple, read the language of the article and you'll notice it's hardy scientific. ;)

The item's point is: Most of these people are just assholes-at-heart at times unaware of or uncaring about their incapacity to empathize with someone they've never seen and know can't punch them in the face for their douchery.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Tue May 11, 2010 9:12 pm

Yes, I understand where the article is coming from (infact I read it when it was first published, but I didn't get angry at the author cause I figured he misunderstood it) and I do agree on the part about why people act anti-social, the human being on the other side of the world is just a bunch of words thing.

But the negative stereotyping that goes around regarding Aspergers syndrome still bothers me (reminds me a bit about negative racial/cultural stereotyping), with very few positive stereotypes going around on the internet. Many smart scientists such as Einstein seems to had some form of autism, and the whole Vulcan race in Star Trek is easily autistic as well! :P Then part of the problem is that there's not a really strict "guideline" for how someone with Aspergers acts like so there is lots of misunderstanding about what it is.

Getting a little offtopic but... Either way if someone "sucks" in a online game, whenever it's a teammate or a opponent I usually tell them what they did wrong in the most helpful way as possible (Maybe you should try.../Maybe you should switch to X class). Outright insulting them won't make friends and is just plain rude.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Dr. Furry » Wed May 12, 2010 4:43 pm

using a cracked.com article as a source is about the same as using encyclopedia dramatica
Dr. Furry

Previous

Return to Team Fortress 2