[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - No deadtalk?

No deadtalk?

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Zareth » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:35 am

So I have always been a bit curious here, though whats the reason for no dead/gravetalk? I do find it a bit annoying having to wait 20 seconds to alert my team of a spy or whats coming in =p I could understand if its to cut down on the micspamming or something, though would this be considered at some point in the future? =o
Zareth

Postby Tehrasha » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:48 am

Thats the entire point isnt it?
You are -dead-, giving your team additional info (especially while in death-cam) is pseudo-cheating isnt it?
You shouldnt have to wait till you are dead to give your team strategic information. (backstabs not included)
Everything I've learned in TF2, I've learned from watching Doom kick my ass!
Tehrasha

Postby Arcalane » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:05 am

Tehrasha hit the nail on the head. It's irritating, yes, but it's a good reason to try and stay alive. ;)

Also, as far as I'm aware, it's a 'side-effect' of no-alltalk that we can't do anything about ourselves, except maybe installing SourceMod plugins.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby miniskunk » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:39 pm

I have found in the case of back stab or quick death, you know the moment it happened by the sound effect associated with it. I have found there is a small window of grace to hit the voice key giving enough time to call out a spy before you get cut off. Many times you get enough warning before your death such as a hidden sentry that you can warn your teammates before you are mowed down.
miniskunk

Postby Tehrasha » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:58 pm

Everything I've learned in TF2, I've learned from watching Doom kick my ass!
Tehrasha

Postby Jinx » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:31 pm

This is true, the second you die your voice communication is cut off from the living. And for good reason, the spy deserves to go deeper behind your defenses :twisted:
Jinx

Postby NikkyVix » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:52 pm

It's been said pretty clearly enough:

There is no death-talk for many reasons, but also because it would ruin a team's incoming ambush or any Spy players who are trying to undo your team in the shadows. Might as well ask us to turn on gun-trails for Snipers or beacons for Demoman stickies. :p
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Beacons? Nah, they need to put big flashing christmas lights on them and when the stickies blow up they should break and send glass shards everywhere. That would be awesome.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Jinx » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:12 am

Jinx

Postby Zareth » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:53 am

Ah, never had that cross the mind.

Well that about clears that little question up. Can lock this whenever :p
Zareth

Next

Return to Team Fortress 2