[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Stacking, woo!

Stacking, woo!

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:30 pm

Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Tehrasha » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:12 am

One thing that I have witnessed during certain so-called 'stacking' situation, is that the players complaining of stacking are not using the teamchat to help gameplay, only to whine about 'stacking'.

The vast majority of the time, it is not because the other team has a collection of vastly superior players, it is because the team being rolled has no coordination. I see player after player fall into the same sticky trap and entire teams wiped out by sentries, simply because nobody bothered to communicate the location to the rest of the team. Instead, they clog up the chat and voice with smack talk and bemoaning that they are being rolled. (I was on Ziggy's team during the Steel match that night, and this was the case then as well)

Yes, I have seen times when a small group of regulars with skill will stomp the other team into the ground, but it is a rarity.
And in those situation, they tend to be the type that will call for scramble themselves, because it isnt any -fun- to repeatedly rape another team like that.

Unless you are just killing people for stats, coordination and communication are key to winning the game.

There are also those that call for scramble the moment they lose a single round.
Dustbowl, Stage 1.. Not uncommon to lose in under 60 seconds, especially with a spy-cap. But certainly no reason to scramble the teams. If you get wiped out in all 3 stages, maybe.. You have to consider that some teams are better at
attacking that defence. Give your team a chance to -prove- that they suck before you start scrambling.

I dont know how many times I have played Badlands or Fastlane, with the first round won very, VERY quickly, and there is a huge call for scramble... which fails. Then that losing team ends up winning more rounds and winning the match when the timer fianlly runs out. *Phew* "Good thing we scrambled the teams, eh?"
Everything I've learned in TF2, I've learned from watching Doom kick my ass!
Tehrasha

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:43 am

The sad truth is the huge 1800-pound pink elephant in the room:

Many players of TF2 simply do not wish to admit to--or are unaware of--personal fault as cause for losing. Thus, the belief that there is a huge teamstack problem with our servers is greatly overblown and carried by people who don't fully grasp the situation.

Tehrasa and several other respondents in this thread have put good explanations and examples towards this. It's just how TF2 between many people of varying competence and dedication is..the grey line between legitimate and illegitimate calls for stacking is fuzzier'n a chinchilla in a staticy clothes-dryer.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Tehrasha » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:51 am

Everything I've learned in TF2, I've learned from watching Doom kick my ass!
Tehrasha

Postby Zareth » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:09 am

Mm, I find class selection is a huge factor as well. 2 Engineers? Great. 1 Medic? Eh.. it'll do I Suppose. 3 snipers? Woah boy.. no Heavies? FFFFF. 2+ Demomen and 1 Soldier? Yeah, don't be surprised if you lose >>

I often see teams with 3 snipers, 2 spies, and way too many explosive classes (that're easily countered by the likes of Pyros or Heavies) and then scream stacking when a Natasha Heavy tears all the soldiers a new arse because there weren't anything to really stop the Heavy besides spam :x

EDIT: Another important note I'd like to say, is folks who play this game like its Halo or Call of Duty. There is no I in Team, and I see alot of folks do usually go off solo or with only one other person. I myself play alot of Roaming Soldier (I flank, take the high ground and thing slike that) and I always announce where i'm going, say, (EG: Going to hop up on the sniper deck, see if I can't take care of those snipers.) or announce when somethings down. (EG: Got their Medic, try and push em back a bit.)

I find a lot of folks do not do this, and almost seem to play the game like its a flat out Deathmatch, and its really frustrating to see =x
Zareth

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:19 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Echoen » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:24 pm

This has been discussed to death, perhaps a lock is in order, and future stacking threads should be pointed to this one?
Echoen

Postby Zareth » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:04 pm

Zareth

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:27 pm

Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Sultry Skunk » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:57 am

You know.. I always see these stacking threads and let me tell you stacking is hard...

As a scount I jump on a heavy's head and he almost always kills me or the other scout kills me mistaking my intentions...
Sultry Skunk

PreviousNext

Return to Team Fortress 2