[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Server #6

Server #6

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Fox Vert » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:38 am

This poor neglected server seems always to be empty or as near as makes no difference. You've tried it as a prophunt server and moved it to the US so that it is more like the other servers and might get some love; yet it remains standing idly by waiting for a game to break out.

I thought perhaps it just needed a few people to get the ball rolling then it would gain momentum as others joined. However, the other day there was a game with eight or nine folks then a few minutes later it was empty again. I admit it, I was wrong. The only other thing that springs to mind would be to try it as a 'Highlander' server for a while. There doesn't seem to be many of these around and it can be good fun in my (admittedly limited) experience. It would effectively reduce the player limit from 24 to 18 but 0/18 is no worse than 0/24 really.

I'd love to see other ideas from the community on how we can get players using server #6 instead of it going to waste.
Fox Vert

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:21 am

I think it's just a matter of time to help get the word out. Server 5 is just now starting to pick up in activity after a few weeks without the members only plugin. Though you also have to consider that some people may not want to play with the competitive configuration set up there.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Ezra » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:34 pm

Mostly I'm moving to the higher numbered servers as the lower fill up and it's forever to get in on those juicy, full games. So if anyone else is like me, 6 will fill up as we increase in numbers. Or I'll go to the others if the "main" games are on maps I hate. :P
That cake is eating that dog.
Ezra

Postby raptor » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:58 pm

i came here to complain there were 7 fucking servers and none with no crits, probably help people know it exists if you actually updated your website's server list

also please put nocrits on a server people actually play on
raptor

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:17 pm

Solution: Get more people to play on server 6. A lot of people actually like playing with crits on (which is probably a factor regarding 6's normally low population) So turning them off on say 1 or 2 would be a very very bad idea. I myself am indifferent, I just like playing where people are, it also helps if I have some friends playing as well.
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Witchiebunny » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:20 pm

Witchiebunny

Postby Arcalane » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:11 pm

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby raptor » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:43 pm

lol "forcing it on people", the vast majority probably dont give a crap either way, could at least have a call vote option on it, i really dont see why you have arena mode maps without that option as random crits completely ruin that gametype
raptor

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:57 pm

Like I said in my last post, just get more people to play on server 6. They aren't gonna put no crits on another server anytime soon...
Mr. Munchlax

Postby raptor » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:21 pm

get other people on it? i can't even get on it!

raptor

Next

Return to Team Fortress 2