[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Wall Hacking

Wall Hacking

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Dirkastanian » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:58 pm

I recently found a video that shows how people use a server setting to wall hack. Currently your server is set to allow these people to do so.

Please take a look at this and change the setting if possible, thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XiFYpB5sbg&feature
Dirkastanian

Postby Tehrasha » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:46 pm

My guess is that many of our users use -legal- custom player models, and there is no way to discriminate between them.
You might as well run sv_pure 2 if you are going to block so much. The correct fix would be for Valve to prevent the inserted command line to ignore the z-axis was changed to only work under sv_cheat 1. (unless there is a legit use for this)
Everything I've learned in TF2, I've learned from watching Doom kick my ass!
Tehrasha

Postby Witchiebunny » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:33 am

We have our reasons for allowing the servers to be set as they are, namely that we do not wish to have such strict control over our players gaming experiences that they are unable to use custom models.

We appreciate your concern and will be on the lookout for any exploiting our server settings to hack. Rest assured, should we catch anyone at it, they will be very swiftly and permanently removed from our servers.

Welcome to the Pound! Why not introduce yourself?
Witchiebunny

Postby Zareth » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:40 am

Zareth

Postby Draco18s » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:25 am

Or Gentle Manne's Fancy Dress Mod, which I highly recommend.
Draco18s

Postby TheDXM » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:46 am

I happen to be color blind, and as such use a skin for almost anything in the game that is some how team-colored. I'd rather deal with the possibility of an occasional wall-hacker than the humiliation that comes with trying to stab my own team's engineers.
TheDXM

Return to Team Fortress 2