custom map.

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby RumRunner » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:32 am

ok i have looked at the TF2 map-creation software and the youtube tutorials for it (thanks to jake) and i have decided that i can probably make a map. so what i shall attempt to do is a PL map. alpine themed PL map in which the cart goes underwater (mainly b/c i want to see if it can be done and also b/c that would be awesome as hell)

this map is probably going to take a LONG time so don't expect it any time soon. but for now any suggestions on layout or other things people would like to see on the map are welcome. now since i am making the map i will filter these and try to keep it balanced... it being my first map it probably won't be. also name suggestions for it would be lovely.
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Purplecat » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:44 am

I would recomend you to do a quick and dirty testmap, where you test out stuff, before you do anything serious. I have three map concepts currently, where one is probably at least somewhat playable currently. Infact, I should probably release said map as alpha soon...
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby RumRunner » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:00 am

obviously ailure. i'm going to screw around a bit and create some shit maps to test things out and get used to the tools and such. but for an actual map that is worth while to play i was wanting some extra ideas seeing as the current things i want in there can be fulfilled in many ways. creating a map right off the bat with that kinda stuff in it would be rather difficult...
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Return to Team Fortress 2