[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - The Grand Prophunt Review Consolidation Thread

The Grand Prophunt Review Consolidation Thread

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Sekh765 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:41 pm

Moving stuff from the comments page here, redirecting people to post here what they think of our current prophunt event. As far as I can tell from my lofty box in the sky, it seems like the server is never not at at least 20+ people, so I give this event the stamp of approval. Group announcement near end of event will redirect here, so I just wanted to set it up.

*stamps*

anyways, moved from the group page.

---

Fabiano: The prop hunt was mazing :D I really enjoyed it though I do want to state that the game could have runned smoother if inteded to be a regular prop hunt sever. I did enjoy it though!

goronhead: after playing a few prop hunt games, I say we should get a dedicated PH server.

Munch "The Bald Dog" Munch: I'm enjoying it quite a bit. :D FUCKING CONTROL POINT!

Von Krieger: I really enjoy Prop Hunt. Itt's a good game type for just sitting around and goofing off. I was only on for an hour or two, so I don't know if the version was upgraded, but there were problems on and off though the time I played. The right click to 'view' a prop wasn't working for most of the time I played, and I'm not sure if the sole surviving prop's ability to shoot back ever got fixed or not.

I play Prop Hunt quite often on annother server, and I think it's great fun with the most recent version, which jarate's the blue team when there is 1 prop left, which gives the oppertunity to take them all on and win. I've seen it done ONCE, and managed to get 4 or 5 myself on occassion.

tl;dr: I love Pop Hunt, but the most recent version is even better. :D
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Fox Vert » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:23 pm

I've played a fair bit of prophunt and enjoy it, even if it is frustrating sometimes (like when you keep being CP or concrete block).

I think 'All-talk' helps prophunt. I fully endorse the normal TFP all talk policy, but prophunt really comes to life with the 'where the hell is this damn last prop' alongside the giggles of the dead red players who know. Oh, and it gets lonely being the last Red when you can't hear your dead teammates nor the Blu team.
Fox Vert

Postby SilverWolf » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:24 pm

SilverWolf

Postby Gami » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:47 pm

mhm i've been having fun with it thusfar, really funny sometimes,
trees must be the easiest prop to be, just hide in a corner and lay flat so only like a few inches of you sticks out xD

mhm only prob i think, is that when there is 1 player too many for equal teams, someone has to sit out, wouldn't it be better and perhaps more fun to be able to play without having to sit out a round sometimes =w= ? just my thoughts ~ for the rest so far it's all fun ;D
Gami

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:59 pm

ButtSekhs, why did you have to put "The Bold Dog" next to my name? >:C

But to get back on topic, yes I've enjoyed prophunt quite a bit, and I'm hoping I get to play more soon when I can spare the time.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Arcalane » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby SilverWolf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:01 pm

SilverWolf

Postby Kyle » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:05 pm

It is a pretty fun mod indeed. I played it when it was first released, but hadn't played it again until last night. As many have already said, some of the props suck, but it makes it even funnier when you manage to win (I once made it as a giant bundle of wood jumping around the level). Alltalk on would definitely make the experience better as well.
Kyle

Postby Draco18s » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:16 pm

I <3 Prophunt. For a while it was the only way I played TF2.
Draco18s

Postby Purplecat » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:34 pm

I turn on alltalk when I'm around but... unfortunately I don't think it's a good idea to turn it on by default for alltalk. I'd rather not make it easier to grief by have a spectator/disgruntled teammember to reveal where people are hiding. A admin can intervene when those people abuse the alltalk (I already had to intervene when alltalk was on...).

Nothing is more fun than becoming a awkward prop, be the last one alive and... win the round for your team. :mrgreen:
Purplecat
Site Admin

Next

Return to Team Fortress 2