[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - CTF_Mercy

CTF_Mercy

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Sultry Skunk » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:12 pm

This was my second time playign the map. I was a soldier and defending our engie. The security doors did their job. Cock blocking a big blue push itno the little room leading to the sniper deck long enough for me to reload and be ready for them.

The map is short, sweet, and easily navigatable. i normally hate CTF maps but this one brings back all the fun!
Sultry Skunk

Postby Wulfie » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:51 pm

It all depends on the tactics people use. A rush round the back where the security doors are could potentially stop them in their tracks if they attempt going in right after a capture.. A rush straight through the still-open front doors on the other hand? Leads to another capture. If they broke the defences to get the intel in the first place, chances are the rush will be met with pretty much the same lack of defences, so open front door still gives the advantage to the attackers.
Wulfie

Postby vilepickle » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:13 pm

vilepickle

Postby vilepickle » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:02 am

[Map Update] ctf_mercy_b6

CTF_Mercy has been updated to beta 6. This version improves the map after match testing in the UGC league.

B6 CHANGES/FIXES:
-After UGC match playtesting, some important changes have been implemented
-Spawn camping has become much harder. The 1way spawn windows are much larger and the spawn indicator has been moved outside of the spawn some. It's important to note that this location provides no defensive benefit except to help clear out people camping the spawn.
-Explosives like stickies from the opposite team do not work near the spawn doors anymore
-The lower base entrance has been streamlined to not include as many 90 degree turns
-The route to the flank window has been improved to not require as many 90 degree turns
-The back base room has gotten visual improvements
-Back room walkway tweaked to have better railing and the walkway is wider on the previously thin side
-Added a small hidden button in the spawn room for TF2 quads to disable the Mercy rule for the current round. Both teams must shoot the button to disable the rule

Download and Screenshots: http://www.vilepickle.com/map/screens/tf2_ctf_mercy
(You can always find the latest version at this location).

vilepickle

Postby Purplecat » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:03 pm

I like the anti-spawncamping changes. Spawncamping tend to become way too easy to do on small levels, and I noted that the anti-explosion.... thing is not stopping explosions from your own team as well.

The hidden button thing sounds like a potentional for griefing, but then it's not like it ruins the whole game if two people triggers it in a public game.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Team Fortress 2