[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Compiling a frag movie, need some other folks =o!

Compiling a frag movie, need some other folks =o!

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Zareth » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:37 am

Ello, no idea where to put this thing, but it is TF2 related, so..here it is! x3

Anyhow, i'm making a Scout/Sniper (lil bit of both.) frag compiliation movie, heres the problem.

I have not a single clue how you make these things ._.

I should have enough footage for a 5-8 minute video by the end of January, and was wondering if anyone is good with video editing and has the patience to watch demos about 5-10 minutes each then compile it up and such? Credit where credit is due =3 Music I'd probably pick (No, its not going to be Propane Nightmares, don't worry.)

Thats 'bout it.

So, who wants to help?
Zareth

Postby Sekh765 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:39 am

I thought of pasting "Get adobe premiere " like 100 times, but then decided that'd be silly.

No joke though, Adobe Premiere is amazing and so much fun to play with. I very much suggest finding that asap and just screwing around with it. I can help you if you need any specific stuff with it, send me a pm.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Zareth » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:36 am

Zareth

Postby STrRedWolf » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:26 am

Yeah, you don't want to use Movie Maker.

If you have access to a Mac and some copius free time, iMovie works... but publishing takes a while.

There's an upcomming VLC-powered editor, currently in pre-alpha not-released-yet form.
Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Postby Kyle » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:50 pm

Man, Sony Vegas is way better than Premiere! Granted, I haven't used Premiere since like 2003, so it could be a lot better today. However, I find Vegas is very easy to use when you're cutting together simple movies like frag videos, since you can do all the editing on a single track.

But hey, depending on how the next couple of weeks turn out, I might be interested. Granted, I would only do it if I could choose the music and stuff :P And the frags would have to be pretty darn cool! And I would have to have enough time and motivation, so don't get your hopes up just yet!
Kyle

Postby Adaro » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:49 am

Please don't. Frag videos gathered from pub clips are simply laughable.
A Dancing Rhymenocerous
Adaro

Postby Jinx » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:01 pm

Jinx

Postby MaskedJackal » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:29 pm

Image◕ ‿ ◕
MaskedJackal

Postby Sekh765 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:36 pm

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby MaskedJackal » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:08 pm