[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - New Server?

New Server?

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Should we get a second server set up?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 12

Postby Arcalane » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:45 am

I believe Endeav has hosting capacity for a second server which is currently occasionally used for ZM/PVK gaming. The first server often gets quite full and we could probably do with an overflow, so with this possible secondary server... place your votes!

Ed: I've also posted an announcement in the group.

I was just thinking, maybe we could make it another locked-ish haven due to the quantity of pubfags? We can post the passwords up around here too, and I'll make sure to cycle them regularly if Endeav transfers over admin powers. It won't be as "members only" as the EU server, as long as we know the person asking for the password. :D
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Witchiebunny » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:51 am

It would be very nice to have a second server to fall back on when the primary one is full and we don't want to head over to the EU server.
Witchiebunny

Postby RumRunner » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:55 pm

if we get that secondary server set up to play TF2 on then where are we going to play ZM, PVK, and Dystopia? i know for sure with the dystopia servers you start joining one with the intent of screwing around/learning more about the game and all of a sudden it will get swarmed by people who want to play seriously and as such will not let you screw around. dunno about ZM or PVK seeing as we've always had a private server to go to.
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Witchiebunny » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:05 pm

Rum, this community was formed first and foremost around TF2 and while those other games are good, I'd much rather cater to that in the long run since it's the one game every one of us has in common.

If need be I'm sure we can figure something out for those other games, but I really do second the suggestion for a second TF2 server. Also, yes, make it locked....having a "regulars only" haven from pubfags without the bugginess of the EU server would be a treat.
Witchiebunny

Postby Arcalane » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:57 pm

Yeah, we play TF2 a hell of a lot more than any source mods, so right now? It's sitting around rotting when we could be using it for TF2.

It won't be truly "locked" locked like I said before - it'll have some simple semi-random passwords, and if we get troublemakers it's easy to set new ones. As long as we know who the person is, then they're welcome. Non-regulars would best start off by making themselves known on the "Open" server, just so we get to know who they are and all that jazz.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby RumRunner » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:17 pm

true we do play tf2 more often than source mods but it seems like to me people get more frustrated and pissed off with tf2 than the source mods. not to mention due to the alltalk plugin there has been less screwing around and more serious play... which i miss. source mods it is alltalk normally and thus there is generally more screwing around.

i'm not against having a second server i'm just a bit skeptical and feel it may not have been thought out thoroughly enough.

*shrugs* maybe i'm the only one having misgivings about doing that... maybe b/c it seems to me people are having less and less fun playing TF2 and more fun playing other games... i know in general i am.
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Arcalane » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:34 pm

Not everyone wants to play lowgrav meleeonly flailfest, so get used to it. Plus, micspam is headache inducing, and it's pretty much been proven that people can't regulate themselves, so the plugin is a necessary evil.

I refer you to my sig. 'nuff said.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Purplecat » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:00 pm

Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Witchiebunny » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:20 pm

Witchiebunny

Postby Jake Monroe » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:42 pm

I've been on an All-talk server with 24 people playing that does not have the problems we seem to have. It's just we get people like Renamon, ect. who can not control themselves. Also that server does not allow hlss anymore due to reasons similar to why we have the alltalk plugin. you would be Amazed at the difference just that makes. But We have Ailure and his 1337 programming skills, so we shouldn't have to do anything like that! All Hail Ailure and his Automatic Alltalk Plugin.
SiRK: There's [SFW], [NSFW] and [STRAY]
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
Jake Monroe

Next

Return to Team Fortress 2