[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - New Server?

New Server?

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Should we get a second server set up?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 12

Postby Wulfie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:50 pm

A second server to fall back on would be great, but of course I don't want Endeav to have any pressure as for what to do with the one we're not using at the moment. Also, I do like ZM.. so.. er..

It's a halfway vote for me. We get it for TF2, great, we keep it for ZM like we do already, great.
Wulfie

Postby Purplecat » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:12 pm

Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby RumRunner » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:17 pm

sorry about my posts i'm not against the idea of having the source-mod server switched to a TF2 one i am just a bit questioning on it. if any of the previous statements have displayed a negative out look on this i am sorry. that would most likely be due to this unexplainable bad mood that i find myself in currently.

if i was having more fun in tf2 than i am then i would be all for it. but b/c i am having more fun with source mods my stance on this is neutral. i suppose i am just getting bored with TF2 due to redundancy. team has no engis... i go engi... get base set up in good location... 5s later here comes an ubered demo... in most cases nikky or doom... and boom all of my stuff is gone. this same general thing happens over and over again it gets redundant and annoying.

when things in games get redundant and annoying i tend to get bored with them i hoped arena would give me something to make the game more interesting until the engi update came out and the demos FINALLY got their stickies nerfed. but it appears everyone on the server hates arena. so until this morning when i went to a random arena only server with jimmy i had never had a chance to ACTUALLY PLAY IT. if we acctually played arena a bit more maybe i wouldn't get so bored but every five seconds it is either dustbowl or goldrush or worse yet badlands classic or whatever the hell that i utterly despise. or then oh look... it's steel AGAIN... oh wait now it is gravel pit AGAIN!!! oh look here comes granary (which by the way i think everyone hates) AGAIN. well: nowhere to be found... labor: same... cave: rare but it is there occasionally...

the constant rum-homing ubered-demo doom or nikky would be SLIGHTLY less annoying if at the very least there was a change in scenery in which it is done in. granted it shall ALWAYS be annoying and redundant but having it happen in different locations would be slightly better.
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Arcalane » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:47 pm

This is why we have the drive to find new, good custom maps. Sometimes, we turn up bad ones such as Badlands Classic or 2 Phort.

If you're getting tired of the rotation, I suggest you help us find and trial new ones.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Previous

Return to Team Fortress 2