[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Taking it to the Next Level

Taking it to the Next Level

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Draco18s » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:41 am

I'm not saying they're not good players, just that the commentary tends to heighten the audience's perception of how good they really are.

Also, "luck" might not have been the best word, "lucky string of circumstances" might be more appropriate (a demo and a soldier out of ammo).

It's like making a little montage of all the games where you did something amazing (say, the time I scored 96 points as a pyro and did some 52,000 damage killing some 80+ people*) and saying "this is an average game for me." Sure, something amazing happens every game you play, but its not the same amazing thing every time, it might not even be as the same class, etc. etc.

*I don't even remember doing this. I'm convinced my steam stats got buggered up.
Draco18s

Postby Echoen » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:31 am

So a little update for you all in my investigations.

TF2F, also known as Team Fortress 2 Fort, is the community I've decided to join. I've tinkered around their PUB servers for a few hours and let me tell you - On a sheer scale level, TFP's top tier players are middle tier in a PUB server.

Top tier PUB server players are often bottom tier Scrim (aka Tourny) players, or so I've been told from the admins I've chatted with.

However, I've made a good friend with someone who's specialty in 6v6 is Medic (my signature class) and I'm now under his wing as a pupil. He's currently involved in tryouts for the Medic position in one of the top 3 Tourny teams in TF2, blight/20ID. I feel like a lucky sunnuvagun!

I'll keep you all posted about my progress, but I think I'm going to do some hard core practicing on their servers as well as relaxing fun on our servers.
Echoen

Postby Tails » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:51 am

eh seems a little ill thought to place judgement dont you think? more so since its made from what Im thinking just taken by eye and I find that a bit unfair tbh
Tails

Postby Echoen » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:32 pm

Look at it like this: The suggestion that the standard TFP player would not be a total failfest in a semi-professional tourny-style place (Maybe I am exaggerating a bit, but still) bodes very well for TFP.

We should build a team!
Echoen

Postby Doom » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:45 pm

Doom

Postby Echoen » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:46 pm

Finneh that's a great idea! Team Tryouts. We just need a judge, or a couple judges, that all spec the same person and give a performance review or tips on improvement.
Echoen

Postby McFuzzButt » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:47 pm

I'd love to try :3 as a scout.

hehe I'm pretty decet with the scout and could train :3
McFuzzButt

Postby Sultry Skunk » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:55 pm

This thread now has a theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhsTmiK7Q2M
Sultry Skunk

Postby Echoen » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:41 am

THE HATCHES ARE OPEN

With the current level of interest, there can be two or three teams, I see! The way I see it, all members are interchangeable between teams, and if we get lucky, we can get a passworded server dedicated to training between teams.
TEAM 1 (NEEDS NAME)
Medic: Echoen
Demoman: Doom
Scout 1: {BFG} Zareth
Scout 2: Sumigakifox
Roaming Soldier: Sal
Pocket Soldier: Daniru

TEAM 2 (NEEDS NAME)
Medic: Marcius
Demoman:
Scout 1: MaskedJackal
Scout 2:
Roaming Soldier:
Pocket Soldier:

TEAM 3 (NEEDS NAME)
Medic: StriderOrion
Demoman: Purplecat
Scout 1: McFuzzButt
Scout 2: Geno
Roaming Soldier:
Pocket Soldier:

Unassigned:
Finneh
Tails
Nobuyuki

Subject to change, of course.
Last edited by Echoen on Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:33 am, edited 5 times in total.
Echoen

Postby pablofiasco » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:07 am

i would hope its subject to change,
after all, having 2 team 3's might be confusing to some people :)
pablofiasco

PreviousNext

Return to Team Fortress 2