[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Have Alltalk On and Still Talk Only to Team

Have Alltalk On and Still Talk Only to Team

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby rednec0 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:47 am

Just been browsing around the net a bit on the whole alltalk plugin. I dunno if anyone has attempted this on the servers before, but I found something that may be awesome so you could still have regular (trash)talk between everyone and be able to only talk to just the teams; spectators can hear everyone no matter what.
A link to it can be found here in case anyone wants to try it.
rednec0

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:07 am

I've used this before on other servers, and I find it extremely annoying to use, and it tends to confuse people who haven't used it before. I think the plugin that's used now (the one that keeps alltalk on when there's not too many people on the server) works just fine, but that's just my opinion.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Wulfie » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:47 am

We have alltalk available at request with our own plugin. However, it's known that at a 12 vs 12 game, if alltalk is on then it's going to get very noisy very quickly. It can't be helped. That's why we have the setup we have currently, as Munch says.

edit: Also helps if you read the first post -again- Wulf.. sheesh. My bad. In any case, I stick by my belief that allowing alltalk in 24 person matches is still going to equate to loads of garbled noise, even when you have the additional option to talk to your teammates only. I still say our current plugin does the job fine enough as it is, but thanks for sharing.
Last edited by Wulfie on Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wulfie

Postby Amethyst_Lynx » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:39 am

The only thing I'd change about our alltalk is to make it voteable. Outside of that, I think it's pretty awesome the way it currently is.
Amethyst_Lynx

Postby Dr. Furry » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:06 pm

i tend to use my mic explitcitly for relaying informatino to my team, and if im going to have a chat with a player, i researve that for text. but, if the servers full with alltalk, theres no way im going to be able to relay information, even more for the fact that the enemy team can hear all my tactics as well as my teamates
Dr. Furry

Postby rednec0 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:32 pm

rednec0

Return to Team Fortress 2